Tonsillitis and a Broken Hand

"Scott! Time to get to school!" Melissa called up the stairs for her son, ready to get to work and planning to drop him off on the way.

However, when he didn't reply, Melissa came up the stairs, expecting to see him passed out with his textbooks around him.

"Scott, you really need to get your sleeping schedule on track..." The nurse started before opening the door to see two more blankets then usual on top of her fourteen year old son, who was still asleep.

She immediately went into nurse mode, placing her hand on his forehead, a warm temperature emitting from it as she went to the bathroom, grabbing the thermometer from the first aid kit before coming back to the teenager's room where he started getting up, clearly awake.

"Oh no, young man. You need to stay down." Melissa insisted as Scott sat back down on the bed, starting to protest as Melissa put the thermometer in his mouth. "Keep that under your tongue."

Scott shifted it under his tongue as the two waited, Melissa making a path through his room so he didn't destroy his homework that was scattered on the floor, before it beeped, to which she slid it out, reading the temperature.

"Mom, it's really nothing. I promise." He smiled to assure her as she sighed.

"Well, it is a very low fever, and I don't have time to call in a absence. Any other symptoms?"

"Just a tickle in my throat. It's most likely allergies."

"OK, get ready for school. We have to leave in ten minutes or we're both gonna be late."

Scott nodded as he started taking off his shirt to change.

"Also, if it gets bad, please go to the nurse."

Scott nodded a second time as she left the room, grabbing her bag and keys before getting in the car, knowing in the back of her head she would most likely end up picking Scott up in a few hours.

When she stopped at the school to drop him off, she saw his flushed cheeks, the rest of his skin growing paler by the second.

"Are you sure you don't wanna go home, sweetheart? I think your fever might be getting worse." Melissa explained as she reached over to feel his head just as he got out and came around to her open window.

"I have a really good chance of playing in the lacrosse game, and so does Stiles, since more then half of our players are out due to sickness."

"I wish I could see it." Melissa smiled. "Good luck, sweetheart."

"Thanks, Mom. Have a good day at work." Scott smiled back, swallowing back his sore throat that had developed in the car as Melissa pulled out of the parking lot, the teen letting out a full body shiver before walking into the building.

"Dude, you look freaking sick." Stiles told him as he slung his arm over his best friend's shoulder, only to remove it seconds later. "You feel that way as well. I know we both have a really good chance of playing tonight since Jackson, Danny, and several others are out, and Greenberg barely gets put in cause he sucks, but you are really hot, not to mention you look like you're gonna pass out on me. I'm not that strong, I'll kill myself dragging you to the nurse's office."

"I'll be fine, Stiles." Scott said in a small whisper, his throat burning whenever he spoke. "It's not like I need my voice."

"OK, just stop talking, your voice sounds terrible, and let's get to class."

...

By the time P.E came around, both Stiles and Scott were late cause, just like Stiles guessed, he was dragging Scott towards the nurse's office after he almost fell asleep during lunch, not eating at all, almost full on crying due to his throat hurting whenever he opened his mouth and his fever was through the roof.