Chapter 15 (Edited)

"Are you ready to talk now?" Amanda asked as she sat in front of me on the floor, cross-legged.

She gave me what felt like the tenth tissue to wipe my eyes from the never-ending tears streaming down my cheeks. It's been roughly, I think, half an hour since Amanda got here. But I could be wrong; I wasn't exactly looking at my phone for the time, that wasn't my focus, of course.

I had other things on my mind. One of them was I didn't know whether to tell Amanda about what happened or keep it a secret. I've never kept secrets from her. We never keep secrets from each other and if we do, it just means we need time before we can speak about it because it's a personal topic or if it's someone else's secret.

As for Sarah, oh god, what do I even say to her if she finds out? I know I won't tell her; it's her brother after all. I can't have them fight or her looking at Dillon or me differently until I can see if there's a way to fix the situation. Maybe I can talk to Dillon, see if I can express my concern and get him to...I don't know, control his jealousy while I'm staying here for the time being.

"Yes," I mumbled, dabbing at the bottom of my eyes. Luckily I wasn't wearing makeup or I'd look like a train wreck.

"Are you sure?" she questioned, raising a brow. I nodded.

I didn't know whether it was a good idea or not because I could only imagine her reaction. It's not a good one. It's more like her, looking to tell Dillon off and possibly slap him, though that one is a big maybe.

I took a deep breath, preparing myself for her reaction as I pulled my sleeve slightly up enough for her to glance at my wrist. Amanda's eyes widened before they narrowed.

"Who did this?" She demanded.

"That's a good question..." I trailed off with a nervous laugh. Amanda looked into my eyes with suspicion before she gasped. I'm guessing she figured it out.

"Dillon fucking did this, didn't he!?" she exclaimed, accusingly.

Yep, definitely figured it out. Damn, she's good. Was it that easy to guess or am I that much of an open book to her? Either way, she guessed it right without me having to utter a single word. I nodded in response to her question.

"Yes," I answered.

"Oh that fucking piece of shit, how dare he?!" Amanda fumed.

"It's fine, tru-"

"Bullshit, you were upset, you're not fine, no one would be fine, I don't care for context, doing something like this is unacceptable in ANY situation," she raged. I knew this would be her reaction, which is why I was cautious about telling her.

"What's done is done, there's no reason to make a big fuss about it," I tried to reassure her but that didn't seem to do the trick, of course.

"No need to make a fuss? Amy he hurt you, you can't just defend and forgive him," she argued. I sighed and rubbed my temple.

"I'm not trying to defend him, I'm trying to be rational here, I want to talk things out with him before I do something drastic, I have to at least communicate with him," I explained.

There was no way he was in the clear, not yet, not until we talked about this properly and solved the situation over clear communication. Plus, I can't just storm to him with guns blazing. Though to be honest, I have no idea how much I'm going to believe from him after today and how he acted drastically over something he didn't know much about.

"Fine, I won't do anything, yet! But if he does do anything, he will not get away with it," Amanda warned. I chuckled and shook my head.

"If it doesn't work out, I give you free rein to do whatever," I joked. She grinned before hugging me. I wrapped my arms around, returning the gesture. "Thank you," I mumbled.