Chapter 14 (Edited)

I almost fell out of bed at the loud sound of clattering pots and pans falling to the floor downstairs. I groaned in annoyance when I squinted my eyes open to look at the clock that read 9am in the morning. Waking up this early should be a crime.

It's the holidays and this is what I think is going to be the usual. Waking up early against my will. This isn't fair. The pounding of running footsteps wasn't helping either. What on earth could someone be doing at this goddamn time? Running a marathon? Or just having a gladiator fight? Ugh.

"Wake up Amy!" my little sister yelled as she ran into my room and started banging a wooden spoon against the back of a small pot. I groaned louder in despair as I covered my ears with the pillow.

"End me now please," I muttered to myself.

"Come on Amy! Wake up! Jack said you wanted to wake up at nine so I'm helping!" Catherine beamed.

I cursed his name under my breath. I'm already planning Jack's death. It'll be one that'll be talked about for ages but was never expected. It'll be profound. Time to put some skills into play so it'll be like how to get away with murder but better. No one will ever suspect me. Ok, maybe they would but they can't do shit without proof so they can suck it because I've got the upper hand! Wow, I'm getting way out of hand. I won't kill him...yet, it's too early.

"Rise and shine sleeping beauty, I thought you wanted an early start to the day?" Jack's provoking voice rang through the room.

Oh how much I want to just slap him across the face. I've only had what? Like four hours of sleep after heading to bed at 5am. I spent almost all night talking to Chloe and Ricky about relationship advice. I tried to add to the conversation but I'm still new to relationships and I've been dating Dillon for two years now. And now, I'm regretting life's choices because I feel like death.

"Fuck off," I grumbled.

"You're lucky your little sister left or you'd be screwed," Jack teased. I flipped him the middle finger before turning to face the other side of the room, away from the annoying Joker. "Well, aren't you just a ray of sunshine this fine morning huh?"

"Are you still talking?" I retorted but sounded muffled with my head pressed against the soft pillow.

I'm about to do something illegal if he continues to open his mouth and spurt bullshit to ruin my life. I just want a peaceful morning, just so I can sleep until 2pm and catch on some rest after all the early wake-ups for school.

"Fine, I guess I'll let you sleep, I mean, I was going to give you your phone but I'll hold onto it a little longer for you," he said. My eyes shot open at that statement.

Fuck! What?! Damn bastard must have taken my phone off the nightstand while I was either sleeping or while I was fuming to myself about waking up early. Whenever it was, I was still going to make him regret even laying a hand on my personal property and invading my privacy.

I instantly shot out of bed and was quick to jump up in an attempt to snatch my phone out of his grip but he was too tall. When he held my phone at arm's length above his head, I kept cursing him out. I could tell it was going off with messages. The buzzing was noticeable. Damn it. This is not my morning and it's only the first day of living with Jack Reece. I'm afraid for my future while staying here. I'll probably lose my fucking mind by the end and he'll be gloating about it as usual...maybe I need a lawyer or a psychiatrist.

"Give me my damned phone Jack!" I demanded, glaring up at him.

"Why? It's so amusing watching you get all angry and pout," he smirked.

"I'm warning you now, give me my fucking phone!" I ordered. He paused as if he were pretending to think about it before shaking his head.

"Nah, I can't give this up."