*

After the explosion, Evangeline's body shut down due to her injuries and exhaustion. She was taken to the first hospital to be treated for her burns and cuts, where one of the doctors recognised her immediately. Using a range of drugs, they slipped her into a comatose sleep, she there was no chance of her waking up whilst somebody was in the room or treating her burns.

The drugs only trapped Evangeline in her sleep, were she replayed the whole experience in her head, almost like she was replaying her entire life again before her heart stopped beating. Each second of the dream seemed to stretch on, lasting a life time.

When she began to surface to conscientiousness, but not quite able to open her eyes or control her body. When she tried to move her body, starting with wiggling her toes or the slightest movement of her fingers. Any movement of her boy sent a searing pain through her body, her muscles burning, her joins aching. If it hadn't been too painful to her to move, or the fact that her throat was dry or her tongue felt like sandpaper against her the inside of her cheek, Evangeline would have let out a groan of pain.

Her other senses seemed to be heighten, but she believed it was them just getting used to being used again. She was faintly aware of the screeching of the machine that monitored her heart beat. The screeches becoming higher in pitch and in volume, which made her wince slightly. The noise was too intense and made her want to scream.

Trying to focus on something else, Evangeline sucked in a deep breath, inhaling through her nose. Hospital rooms were supposed to be clean and sterile, to insure that pathogens couldn't multiply rapidly. However, when Evangeline inhaled all she could smell was cleaning products. The chlorine was pungent, so much so that it was her want to gag, bile rising in her throat. The thick stench of bleach and cleaning products made it hard to breath clean air, the stuff entering her lungs was heavy and weighed her chest down. It almost felt like she was drowning in a swimming pool, the chlorinated water filling her lungs, whilst all the air was pulled from her body.

Slowly, her eyes opened. Hanging directly above her was a ceiling light. Her eyes stung, the harsh light piercing her vision, blinding her. Everything was blurred, nothing had a solid outline, it was all a black and white blurry mass.

Her head rolled to the side, wincing as she did, the wall were pristine white, not a speck of dust or a dirty stain left by finger prints to be seen. The floor, surprisingly, was covered by a dark wood. Usually, Evangeline would have expected to see tile flooring, the tiles perfectly polished, so that the clank of the nurses shoes against them would be emphasised for dramatic purposes. In the corner of the room stood a metal table, the corners covered in rubber seals, which told her instantly that she was in the mental health section of the hospital.

Even when she wasn't admitted to hospital for a metal health assessment, she was still put into the mental health ward. She would have shed a tear, or maybe she would have laughed at how afraid people were of the unknown, of things that didn't fit the 'mainstream' criteria, but Evangeline was numb, as if she was trapped in a dream.

She rolled her head to the other side, closing her eyes and biting down on her lip as she did. “Hey, she's awake.” Evangeline's eyes snapped open, panic rising because of the intruder. Her vision cleared slightly, clarity restoring. Her vision was filled with a boy with skin the colour of coffee, hazel eyes and thick lips, wearing an expression that was filled with worry and mixed with relief. Fox hand flew up and began stroking her hair, which Evangeline dared not to think about the state it would be in.

She slowly began struggling to sit up, her body groaning in protest. She felt a pair of arms pull her up, before propping her up on flat, paper-like pillows. Fox moved out of her eye line, allowing her to see who he was talking to. Thorne was propped against the wall, a charming grin on his lips. Dark bags circled his eyes, and his body was slumped slightly. “Finally its awake.” He joked, but there was something in his voice, Evangeline wasn't sure what it was, but there was something there that made Thorne seem reserved.

His arm was draped over over a small petite girl next to him. Tallulah’s head was resting on his shoulder, her eyes closed, soft snores escaping from her slightly parted lips. Unlike the Thorne, Tallulah looked wonderful. Her hair was pulled back into a pony-tail, not a hair out of place. Her clothes weren't crumpled. She looked peaceful and comfy in Thorne's arms.

Ezra was stood in the corner, leaning against the wall. A huge grin on his lips, his eyes fixed on her. He pushed himself off the wall and wondered over to her, wrapping his arms around her. As his skin came into contact with hers she winced, Ezra noticed and jumped back immediately. “Sorry.” He apologised perching on the end of the bed.

The room fell silent, all eyes were on her, watching her closely to see what she'd do or how she'd react. “Why are you staring at me. I know my hair is a mess but I've been asleep for... how long was I out this time?” She asked, her brows knitting together. She tried to remember what happened before she blacked out. Things were slightly foggy.

She remember everything until the point that the taken children had left the building. The rest of it was in bits and pieces, snippets of what happened. She remembered Caspar, his lips against hers. “I love you.” She heard him whisper and his body falling limp against hers. Evangeline's breath became ragged and uncontrolled. Her heart began beating erratically.

She parted her lips, tears filling the brim of her eyes. “Casp?” She asked, her eyes darting from Ezra to Fox to Thorne and back again. Both Fox and Thorne dropped their heads, not willing to meet her gaze. She looked at Ezra, the question burning in her eyes. Ezra simply shook his head in response.

Evangeline began to shake frantically, tears fell down her face, rolling down her cheeks and dripping from her chin on to the paper 'duvet' the hospital provided. Within seconds four nurses entered the room. One of them shooed everyone from the room, whilst two of them pinned her to the bed. The final nurse held a needle filled with a watery green liquid that reflected the light. She injected the fluid and Evangeline's eyes became heavy almost immediately.