Chapter 24

~~Final Chapter:')~~

“Everyone Line up!!” my mom was franticly running around gathering everyone up. First my mom with Lisa and Larry, Logan’s dad. Next came the maid of honor and the best man, Stacy and Dean. then, the bridesmaids and their groomsmen, Logan’s brother Lucas and his sister Lindsey. Next, was the flower girl and ring bearer, my two baby cousins Max and Jillian. All the girls were wearing a grayish blue color and looked beautiful with the blue in the flowers I was currently holding.

I was twisting my fingers around the stems and looking all around. Okay, maybe I was really nervous.

“Aubrey, have you seen Stacy?” Dean asked as he came up to me. I saw him looking around a few moments earlier but I just wasn’t sure what to make of it.

“No? I haven’t, maybe she went to the bathroom quickly?” I said as I waved over my mom.

“Mom, can you run to the bathroom and find Stacy, please?” she nodded her head and smiled as she looked me over. Then shook her head as she walked away.

A couple moments later she returned with no Stacy. The wedding was about to begin but we had to add on a couple of minutes for her to return, thinking she went back to the room quickly.

I stood at the end of the line pacing back and forth as Chuck came back to touch up on my hair and makeup. I took in my surroundings trying to take everything in and remember how I felt and what I saw before I married this man.

We were in the back of the hotel and we decided to have the beginning of the long walk to the alter form behind the big tall hedges that were littered with flowers and Christmas lights, especially for this wedding. Everyone in the ceremony was behind the hedges to hide from the guests. I peeked around the hedge to see Logan standing in the front talking to family members and friends.

We had warned the staff of the hotel and the guests that we don’t want any photographers except for Logan’s close friend who was doing all the photography for the wedding and reception.

I noticed Logan kept running his fingers through his hair and also pacing, showing a sign of nervousness.

“I don’t care, this isn’t a good time! Cant you postpone it for a little while later!?” I heard Lisa yell into her smart phone she used for business with Logan’s acting. She listened quietly then yelled again. “No. that’s not good. He’s about to get married in the next 10 minutes and he planned a couple of weekends after today for the honeymoon.”

Another pause but this time she held the phone away from her hear indicating yelling from the other end. “No! Please don’t do that to him. He knows how important he is for it to happen. Okay. Okay. I’ll talk to him.” Then she hung up. When she noticed I had been listening she walked over with an obvious fake smile plastered on her face.

“Lisa what is going on?” I asked concerned.

She rubbed my back and gave me a kiss on the cheek. “Nothing’s wrong Aubrey. Just enjoy your big day.” I felt my stomach drop form disappointment. How did I know she was going to say that? Then she moved through the crowd behind the hedge and speed walked over to Logan. I peeked around the hedge again as I watched them, just as she finished telling him whatever it was I felt a hand pull my arm away.

“Common sweetie. We need to start the wedding and luckily we found a replacement for Stacy.” My dad said to me. His strong arms pulling me with him to the end of the line. I tried to look up at the maid of honors spot and I felt like I wanted to cry. In Stacy’s place was Lexie.

She turned around to me just as the music started and my mom along with Logan’s parents started to take the turn around the hedge. I tightened my grip on my dad. He laughed, probably think it was from nerves, not from anger.