Chapter 15

I was dead to the world for 2 months.

Later that night I woke back up. I must have fallen asleep after the visits from my family, including Stacy and Dean. Logan never left my side, except for when mom visited or the doctor came in the check on me, running tests.

My memory was so blurry, the last thing I remember was sitting in class the day before Logan was supposed to visit from Florida. After that…

Blank.

I looked to the right side of the bed. Logan was fast asleep in the chair, lightly snoring. He looked different than the last time I saw him and of course, seeing him on TV. His brown hair was messed up as if he had been running his fingers through his hair and under his eyes, dark bags.

I looked to my left to see dozen of roses in a plain white cup. Behind it were balloons.

“Get well soon” “I love you” and then a balloon with a frog on it that said “Get Hoppin!” that made me laugh. I reached out to touch the roses, they looked fresh.

“He has been getting flowers for you since you arrived here.” A nurse said. She was checking my IV and the monitors next to the table. She whispered so not to wake Logan up.

I looked at her. “I’m sorry. What?” I was confused.

She gave me a faint smile coming to the other side of my bed away from Logan. “The first dozen he brought you were when you had been in this bed for a week. He hasn’t left your side in 3 months, except for when he had to go to Florida to clear things up. It was on the news, his announcement about how he can’t do the movie and they replaced him. Since then he has been in this hospital.” She fixed the corner of my bed where the blanket was messed up.

I looked at Logan and smiled to myself. “But wait, so why do these flowers look fresh?” I said reaching to the red flowers touching a pedal, soft…

“You see, when the first dozen started to show signs of withering out. He quickly replaced them. He said something about how whenever the flowers start to turn brown and lose their pedals it reminds him of …your condition. So he would replace them, in hope that you would recover and be back with him.”

All I could say was “Wow…” she nodded her head then told me she would be in with my dinner in a little.

When she was gone I rested my head down and watched Logan, what he had done to me for 2 months. In hope I would wake up. What did he mean by be back with him?

He started to stir then he stretched slowly opening his eyes open. He quickly reached forward and grabbed my hand.

“How are you feeling?” he said quietly.

“I’ve been better.” I said in barely a whisper.

“I was told to take an easy with you, and not to try and push any recent memories on you. To let you remember yourself. But I have to ask, do you remember anything from those those weeks i was visiting?”

He looked so hopeful and his smile faded when I released a tear out of the corner of my eye.

“I’m so sorry Logan. I don’t remember anything. The last thing I remember was the day before you were supposed to arrive in Cali. Lexie and I were watching a movie and talking about you.” He suddenly felt uncomfortable. “That reminds me, how come she hasn’t come to visit me? Or how come you’re not spending time with her. I mean, from what I heard you have been here every day, expect for that week you left. You should be with your girlfriend.”

He released my hand and I saw his eyes start to water. “You really don’t remember?”

“As I’ve said, no I don’t remember anything.” He was quiet for a while and I was wondering when he was going to tell me what was going on.

Then he changed the subject. “What was it like?” he leaned forward and stared into my eyes. “The coma I mean.”

I looked at him and I felt him replace his hand on the edge of my bed. He seemed unsure if he should grab my hand again. He was my best friend why would he be unsure.

“Well, it was like I was sleeping. For a long time.” He nodded his head and gave me a faint smile. “I dreamed…a lot.” He looked down and then he looked back at me.

“What about?” obviously that sparked his interest.

“They were really dreams, they were more like memories. From when I was little. You were in a lot of them.” I smiled at him and I saw something spark in his eyes. He sat up and listened as we went through the memories, laughing at some of them and crying. This went on for 2 hours until I came to the last “dream” I had.

“The last one I had was when we were 15 the one where we tried to break into my dad’s mini fridge and get his stash of alcohol.” He chuckled and I smiled at him. “And I was a little scaredy cat that I always am and I made you stop.” He knew what came next and for some reason I was a little weary about it.”And we went back to my room and we had that little moment and then… you kissed me.” He gave me a little smile. “I flipped out and went into my bathroom. When you calmed me down and apologized we danced.”

HE smiled at me wider this time flashing his white teeth. “And I made you make that promise to go to prom with me senior year.” We both giggled at the memory. When we stopped and were just staring at each other he cleared his throat. “Bree? Can I tell you something? A secret of mine.”

I nodded my head as I took a bite out from my vanilla pudding the nurse brought me.

“Well, senior year. I had planned to ask you to prom. I bought you a necklace and I was going to ask you properly. But when I went to your house you were dancing around with…Lexie. Kent ad asked you out and you both were having a girly moment. Before you could see me I sneaked out and went home.”

I looked at him and gave him a faint smile. “And then that jerk totally used me the night of prom and you went to the school and beat the crap out of him. Then you came over and let me cry and….” Something in the back of my head loosened.

Noticing my pause and me staring into space he started to freak out. “Bree? What’s wrong? Bree!”

I finally looked at him and saw his eyes were wide and he looked so worried.

“I remember.” He blinked a couple of times then looked at me and lent forward.

“You do?”

“Yeah. I mean I remember hiking with Stacy and I told her that story because she asked when I….” he started to get anxious obviously happy I remembered something.

“When she asked what??” he said with excitement.

“When she asked how I knew I loved you.” He broke out into a giant grin but it disappeared when he noticed my face hadn’t changed.

That memory started unblocking everything else in my mind. “I remember when you arrived, the whole thing with Lexie and Colby, the moment on the front steps where I told you I loved you and you told me it back, and the days we spent in out apartment with each other. And I remember the hike and singing when I fell into a hole.” I started to sob and he jumped up out of the chair and held me. He climbed into the bed next to me and held me as we lay there together.

“I love you Bree.” I felt his breath on my cheek and then he dropped a tear onto it. He was crying with me. But we weren’t sad...it was tears of happiness.

“I love you too Logan. So much!”

***Sooooo…what you thinkkkk?? Lol I know. Thanks for reading and the support. Vote, comment and fan if you liked the happiness in this chapter!!<3