Chapter 2

How did I get myself in this situation? I always find a way to get involved. I peeked into the living room to see Lexie watching the movie I put on about 20 minutes ago, a comedy that was on TV. I usually enjoy watching horror movies. She was always a little scaredy cat and refused to watch anything even a little suspenseful. I smiled at a memory of attempting to take her to see Paranormal Activity when it was in theater. We had to leave early and she threw up outside the theater.

What am I doing. She is like my sister, we have been through so much. And I’m gunna let this one mistake she has made, that I know of, ruin our relationship? I finished making my tea the way I like it and getting her tall glass of Diet Pepsi. Logan should be here any minute and I couldn’t wait to see him. Also, to see Lexie’s reaction. I had faith she would tell him herself and fix everything.

I walked over to Logan’s room and looked in. it was just how he left it. Except for the couple of shirts on his bed. I’ve been in here a couple times since he left to help keep him fresh in my mind. I really miss him. After high school we decided to move in together. Everyone thought we were dating but it wasn’t the case. Is it that hard to except me and him are just friends? Until he started dating Lexie, she made it very clear now she was dating him.

I left his room and went into the living room.

I sat down next to Lexie and she grabbed the soda out of my hands and started chugging it. That was a little rude? “You’re welcome?” she muffled a thanks under her breath.

“So I wanna talk about what you saw Bree.” I took a sip from my tea and looked at her.

“What is there to talk about?” she looked at me and tilted her head

“You know exactly what I mean. When Logan comes later tonight I want to make sure YOU won’t tell him I’m cheating.” She took another chug of her soda and looked back at the TV and laughed at something funny Will Ferrell did.

“Cheating? You mean you’re going to continue doing it?” she looked at me and giggled.

“Um, yeah. He’s only going to be here for a week then he has to go back for who knows how long…” In interrupted her.

“A month. He has one more month left over there then he is back.” She shrugged her shoulders and looked back at the screen. “so you’re not going to tell him?” she shook her head no and looked at her glass wiping the water residue on my couch. That ticked me off. “I really think you should. You know karma is a bitch right?” I waited for her response.

All she had to say was ,“Whatever.” We decided to stop talking about it by going silent.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I looked at it and smiled.

Mi Bestie Logan:

So im outside. I’m glad you left the back door unlocked. Don’t do anything to make Lex suspicious. DISTRACT HER!:)

My smile went away when I saw he was so worried about surprising Lexie. Then I heard the click from the back door closing. I looked over to Lex and saw she was to into the movie to notice. I laughed and rolled my eyes. She looked at me and giggled. “What’s so funny Bree?”