Chapter 9

I hung up the phone and went back to sit down with Logan. He was still talking to the little girl. And he had a big smile on his face. It made me smile and forget for a moment that Lexie was missing. Why must she be so much trouble.

I sat down next to him and took a bite out of my Ice cream i set down on a napkin. it must have melted while i was on the phone as i quickly licked the vanilla goodness. I was deep in thought because I had no idea Logan was staring at me and had asked me a question.

“Who was that?” he was looking at me seriously. He knew I was hiding something.

“It was no one. Just my mom asking about Lexie.” He frowned and looked back at his plate. “What are you going to do, I mean, about Lex?” I was curious. He was always such a nice guy. He blows off steam for a while but then he always runs back to his girlfriends.

“I don’t know. I still about her but I don’t want to lose you as a friend.”

He looked into my eyes and I felt my heart drop. He was so sweet but so naive to still want to be with her after everything.

“I don’t feel good. Can we go home?” he  nodded and helped me out of my chair without any argument.

In the car I was contemplating whether or not I should tell him about Lexie disappearing. I don’t want to have to lie to him like I did with the whole Colby thing. I want to be upfront and tell him.

“Logan?” He was focused on the road and but broke concentration to look at me. “I sort of wasn’t honest about the phone call I got at the restaurant.” He looked out at the road and furrowed his brow.

“What you mean Bree?” he let out a sigh.

“Well. I was actually your mom.” I looked at my hands. I hated lying to him and I felt so ashamed I did. “She was calling me to tell me that Colby had snuck her out of her room and took her out of the hospital.” I watched for any movement from Logan but he remained on the road..”

As I said that we pulled into the parking lot to our apartment. He shut off the engine and turned to look at me but he was quiet. Probably wanted me to finish.

*They can’t find Lexie.” His jaw dropped. Then he leaned over me and opened my door while unbuckling me. he pushed me out of the seat and I fumbled to gather my balance.

“I can’t believe you Aubrey. How could you not tell me earlier, we could have been looking for her. Did you not hear me when I told you I still cared about her!” he was yelling at me at this point. He never yelled at me and I felt tears swell up in my eyes. The only time he ever yelled at me was when we were kids and I pushed him into the pool when he was trying to flirt with a girl. But after he hugged me and apologized.

I was waiting for him to apologize but he just stared at me. if it was visible he would have steam coming out of his ears. Why was he so furious at me? “I know what I did was wrong.”

I said in between sobs. “But please don’t yell at me. I’ve already lost one friend. Don’t let me loose you too.”

He looked at me and leaned forward holding out his arm. I went to go and welcome his arms around me for a hug when he grabbed the door and slammed it in my face. I stood there frozen, I couldn’t move. He unrolled the window and I walked up to it.

“I’ll be back later, maybe. I don’t know. I’m mad at you, you shouldn’t have lied to me.” I was still crying and he gave me a blank look. “I’m going to go to the hospital and then I’m going to go out looking for Lexie. I still care about her and she needs to know.”

“I love you Logan. I always have.” I was calm and quiet when I said it. He looked at me and stared passed me. then he started up the car and I grabbed the window.

“You have no idea how much I care about you!” I screamed at him. I had no control at this point and it just came out. “I’ve always had feeling for you! I love you!” I didn’t even care what he had to say I just had to get it out. I wasn’t sure who I was mad at more. Me, for lying and keeping things from him. Lexie, for being so selfish and ruining everything we all had. Or Logan, for being so naive and trusting her after everything.

 “Do you even realize what she has done to you and how messed up this whole thing is! And do you know how hard it is to sit here and watch you set yourself up with this girl who only thinks about herself! She doesn’t care about your feelings! I’ve been here for you the whole time”

“The reason why I didn’t tell you is because I wanted to protect you! She is going to hurt you and I couldn't stand to watch. Do you have any idea how hard it is to love you when you are so concerned about Lex!” I was hysterical and I knew I would regret telling him I love him but what did I have to lose.

He just looked at me and a look of hurt came upon his face. I wiped away the tears and sat on the curb, expecting him to zoom away looking for Lexie.

I was surprised when I heard him kill the engine and his driver door slam shut. He walked over to me and I shot up to my feet. He looked angry and I had a feeling to step back. I ended up to my back to our front door. I braced myself for the hit. I knew I had said some hurtful things but he needed to hear it, I guess I had it coming.

I was wrong. He wasn’t going to hit me. he would never hurt me. instead he grabbed my waist and pushed me up against the door. He seemed like I giant from my angle looking up at him. He really was tall. He was looking into my eyes when he leaned in and kissed me passionately. It felt like sparks. I know that’s a bit dramatic but it’s true. Our tongues worked perfectly together and I felt a tear drop down my face.

It didn’t come from my eyes though, it came from his. He was crying now and when he pulled away to let us catch our breath he wiped it way with his finger. He pressed our foreheads together and a smile broke out on his face.

“I love you too.”

Thank you for everyone who reads my story. If you can please read my other story, “Is It Meant To Be?” I would really appreciate it. Vote, Comment and fan this story if you haven’t. Love you all!:)<3