(27) No One's There..

A month later.......

*Maya's POV*

As the day for me and Chris' wedding got closer and closer, I got more excited. Me, Chris, and Alyssa have been working so hard to plan our dream wedding. Well shit, my dream wedding. I don't think Chris is too much worried about the wedding, but making us official.

Husband and wife.

The wedding was two days from now. It's sucks that I don't have much family that'll come to my wedding.

My mom, jail.

My sister, jail.

My "best friend", hates me and vice fucking versa.

My "friend", jail.

The only people that are in my life on a daily are Chris, Mama Hawkins, my grandmother, and Royalty. And they were for a fact coming to our wedding.

Speaking of her, I made my way to Mama Hawkins' house right now. Me and her have been getting closer for the past couple of months. She really acts more of a mother to me than my mother ever did. When I have my child, I'm going to always support them and encourage them to be who they want to be. I'll never abandoned them the way my mother did to me.

As I pulled in, I quickly washed the negative thoughts about my family out of my head. I grabbed my brown and gold MK tote, and made my way to Mama Hawkins' front door. It didn't take long at all for her to open the door after I knocked.

"Hey baby!" she said as she gave me a warm hug and kiss on the forehead.

"Hey mama." I said, smiling ear to ear. I was so thankful to not only have Chris and Royalty in my life, but Mama Hawkins' too.

"You look so beautiful Maya! Look at you. You're glowing and growing." she said as she lightly touched my stomach.

I was now 16 weeks pregnant, and I couldn't be anymore happier than what I am now. I wasn't too big to where it looked like I was about to pop any minute, but anyone with eyes could tell that I was pregnant. I just know that I'm going to be a great mother to this child.

"Thank you ma. Can I come in, please?" I smiled at her and asked. Without saying another word, Mama Hawkins stepped out the way to let me in her house. I took a deep inhale as a pleasing scent hit me when I walked in. It always smelled good in her house.

"So what's up baby?" Mama Hawkins asked me.

I looked down, and dug into my bag real quick. After a couple of seconds, I pulled out an envelope and handed it to Mama Hawkins.

"What's that?" she asked me.

"That is the gender of me and Chris' baby. At the wedding we want to do a gender reveal, so you're the only one that is going to know." I tried to explain to her.

"Exciting!" she said as she clapped.

I shook my head, and smiled. Don't get me wrong this was definitely something to be all jumpy over, but I don't want anything to go wrong. I feel like everyone wants my position or they want to see me fail or down. I'm not with that shit at all. Things have been going real smooth with the wedding planning, my pregnancy, and me and Chris' careers. I just want it to stay that way. I don't need no drama or bullshit by coming my way, especially with this baby.

"Maya!" Mama Hawkins call out to me, instantly snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yes mama." I answered.

*Mama Hawkins POV*

Now I know that something is up with Maya. After she handed me the envelope, I opened it and gasp. It's a... I looked at Maya, and my attention geared towards her. She had an unreadable facial expression on her face. I couldn't tell if she was happy, upset, or sad. If I was her, I'd be jumping off the walls right about now. She has so many things going, how could she not be happy.