Chapter Seventeen: Is it Confession day?

Start from the beginning

I nodded and gave him slowly his gift but his hands was so fast that he quickly ripped the wrapper like a beast and his eyes widened at the sight of the toy car. I bit my lip, nervous, because he wouldn’t like it, until he squealed and called out his friends.

“Look Jay! The Ultimate Power Speed 5000!” I don’t know what the hell he was talking about but I’m sure he likes it. He didn’t show any sign of sadness but it was a good sign. And in the end, he jumped at me once again and chants that it was the awesome gift all over again and I smirked at Jeric’s direction but his face was covered with amusement.

End of Flashback

After the conversation with Jeric four months ago, when I told him everything, the next day, I went back home and expected Mom to be out with her boyfriend. And my theory proved me wrong, because when I got home, the guy and Toby was having a conversation about cars. So I just ignored them and went directly upstairs to my room. And four months ago, I witnessed the times when the guy would turn up in our doorstep, bringing a bouquet of different flowers and asking Mom on a date.

Honestly, I don’t hate Mom or either mad at her, same with the guy. I was just giving more space between us and I wanted Mom to break it, not me, since she’s the one who kept it a secret and four months was a long time.

Anyways, I have news to tell you guys. Luke and Candice are officially together and Candice beat her goal to having a real relationship in four months. That girl never does ‘relationships’. Sometimes, her relationships end up to two weeks and never goes for a second chance and when I saw her with Luke, I knew she was in love with him and I know in her eyes and actions, it is real.

Stacy and I were so proud that our girl was growing up. She’s going back to her old self, all thanks to Luke.

And now, everyone in school is talking about the upcoming prom and that’s like three months away. I don’t get why people get so excited about the event. It’s all about dancing around and getting drunk, gets the Prom king and Prom Queen Crown then goes back home and sleeps. And I never have been interested in these kinds of events so don’t blame me ‘cause sometimes I’m not a girly girl. Last year, I didn’t attend, lucky I had flu. Days before the prom, Stacy kept on dragging me to go dress shopping with her and it was like I was a un respectful child and Stacy was the mother. Due to yelling at me like a parent, it was so embarrass for me. But in the end, I won the case. I did all I want to do and played with the little boys, playing tag and whatever other games we were playing.

I was walking to my next class when I heard a tap sound on a microphone. Where is that coming from? Are there some announcements to make? I glanced at my wrist watch and noticed that it was yet 10 minutes ‘til lunch is over. And it was too early to go to my next class but I didn’t care at all.

“Excuse me? Can I have all your attention?” a familiar voice says through the microphone. My head snapped in the direction of the voice and I was confused to see Kyle standing on top of a chair, holding a wireless microphone.

What the hell was he doing?

I walked to him, not caring if I was going to be late for class even though it’s just ten minutes, I had to know what he was doing. When I approached him, I pulled him down, gripping on his arm.

“What the hell are you doing?” I hissed, still not dropping his arm from my strong grip. He winced at my voice and he was unsure to what he was going to say.

He didn’t want to look me in the eyes until he whispered something that made me surprise but worried the most. “I am going to tell the truth.”