17. Lost & Found

I woke up in the dead of night, shivering and shaking. It was so cold and my blanket was not doing me enough justice to keep me warm. If I sat still much longer I'd probably freeze to death.

I kept my blanket on my shoulders as I left my tent. It was still dusk, but some birds could be heard in the distance. My best idea I could come up with was to just run and hope it gave me the body warmth I needed.

I sprinted in a big loop around the field, still clinging to my blanket. It was freezing, and frost had formed on most of the greenery around me. My plan was slowly starting to work, but I didn't dare stop running.

By the time the sun had risen, my feet were sore and my body was tired. I hadn't ran like that since my track session back at the other school. I still idly walked around the field while I waited for the sun to warm me up. It was pretty cloudy though, and only small rays casted through.

In a daze, I kept my pace as steady as I could. Any energy I had left me in the past hours I had been running. I decided maybe another granola bar might help. I walked back to my tent, crawled inside, and opened up my bag.

I took a granola bar and a water bottle out, then left to continue my walking. Staying still for only a little bit made me feel cold again. There must have been a cold front come through our area.

As I left to walk again, I heard some rustling in the woods at the edge of the field. I debated on hiding in my tent or going to check it out.

On one side, I could run to my tent and hope tat whatever it was won't follow. Or I could go into the woods and check it out, and possibly die in the process.

More rustling could be heard, and I could see the leaves moving around. I screeched and turned around to run the my tent.

"HEY!"

Before I could make it to my tent, a human voice called out. I jerked myself around to see who it was, but I was braced by a strong force.

Out of shock, I stumbled backwards, landing on my back. The person who practically tackled me pulled away, and I slowly opened my eyes.

The deep ocean eyes stared into mine. Craig? Why was he out here? What did he want? How did he find me?

"GAhH! CRAIG! G-GET OFF OF ME!"

I pushed my arms against his chest but he wasn't budging. We were in the same position that we were in the time I was at his house.

"Tweek, calm down, it's just me."

"EXACTLY! GET AWAY FROM ME."

As I tried to push him off of me, he grabbed my wrists with one hand and placed them above my head. I could feel those feelings in my stomach again, but I pushed them aside.

"Where have you been? Your parents are worried sick about you! And Kenny even came to talk to me about it! Yea! Kenny came and asked me if I knew where you went!"

"I-I di-didn't.."

"Tweek what the fuck dude! Are you an idiot! You can just run away! You have people who care about you!"

"Y-Yea and? I-I don't see a-anymore searching f-for me."

"Everyone is looking for you, stupid. I was just the only one smart enough to check around the woods around the look-out cliff!"

"W-what? Why were you lookin f-for me?"

He sighed and closed his eyes. As his eyebrows pinched together, and he reopened his eyes that now seemed watery, he grunted and spoke again.

"Look Tweek. I know I've been mean to you since school started, but please hear me out! I reacted harshly when I found out you... you know... don't like girls... But I was just confused! My dad always says gays are not the kind of people you want to hang around. I fucked up, I know. I knew the rest of the summer till school started. The guilt was eating at me, and when I saw you at school, it only got worse. In a way, me making you out to be a bad person in my head, was a way of coping with myself... When I heard you went missing, I felt responsible... so I've been out here looking for you... and I'm just really... glad you're okay..."

I was shocked as I watched Craig rant out all his emotions in front of me. He had tears welling up in his eyes, but as he got off of me, he wiped them up. He gave me a hand to help me off the ground.

He stood there looked at the ground as he held one of his hands over his face. The sight itself was enough to make me cry too. I tried to hold it back, and be the strong one in the moment.

I still wondered what to say. Craig had hurt me more than he'll ever know that night. I had been so strong too. I held myself together all alone. While Craig had other friends to hang out with, I was the one alone. I had Kenny, yes but it wasn't the same. I had let Craig into a special place in my heart, I don't know why I chose him to be the one. But he was. He was the one on my mind all the time.

He had spent his weeks bullying me! To feel better about his own self, and now was crying about it. While I had put up with it. I was the one suffering to know why I was the way I am. I was the one not only being used as a punching bag, but also taking out things on myself.

And what made me mad the most, was no matter how much I tried to get over it, and tried to be mad at Craig; those feeling came back. Those feeling I tried to pretend didn't exist, where always there. I didn't even hate him for it, I hated myself for not being able to control it.

"You know what, Craig?" I said stepping closer to him. He looked up at me with his sad puppy dog eyes. I felt that pang in my heart that only in raged me more.

"You should have never came out here. You're the last person I wanted to see."

It's really you on my mind (Creek)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें