1. Face to Face

Unedited.

My breathing shallowed as I looked over my little brother, concern painted across my features.

"I still think we should ditch this place. How often do we get to spend time together?" I tried to reason. My voice echoed around the cold room, bouncing off of the steel lockers and concrete floors.

A small groan left his lips when his trainer extended his right arm outwards and slowly began rotating it.

"We're going to have the whole week to ourselves after this match." He flashed a small smile, trying to hide his discomfort.

"I'd rather not spend a week at the hospital." I muttered under my breath.

Taehyung's eyes dart up and meet mine. Annoyance clear in his features.

I had just gotten back into the country after a year of traveling and the first thing I wanted to do was spend time with Taehyung not watch another fight, especially when Taehyung was just recuperating from his last one.

I hoped this would be quick and easy but after I saw who Taehyung would be up against all bets were off. He'd barely be able to fight him if he was in pristine condition, throw in a dislocated shoulder and bruised ribs and he was fucked.

"I'm sorry. Good luck." I force a smile on my face despite my worries.

"That's what I wanted to hear." His eyes brighten, and his mouth turns up into one of his infamous squared smiles, causing his eyes to form crescent moons.

My heart thuds in my chest. I walk over to my brother holding my hand out, he looks down and a look reminiscence crosses his boyish features for a second before his hands meets mine.

Amazed that we still remembered our secret handshake, I watch as our fingers intertwine then separate and complete a series of bumps and slaps.

"We haven't done that in years." He says excitedly.

"Kim Taehyung! Get your ass moving, we've got ten minutes!" My eyes stayed on his form even as his coach interrupted.

"Mia?" A familiar voice spoke up from the doorway.

"Jungkook." My lips turned up into a bright smile. "It's been a long time." My arms raised and wrapped around the younger as we approached one another. My fingers grazed over the thick muscles of his back as I hugged him.

"I didn't know you were coming back home." He breathed out as we pulled away.

"Yeah. This isn't exactly how I wanted to be welcomed back." I muttered tiredly and Jungkook nodded at my statement.

"Don't worry, we can go drinking afterwards like the old days. Just focus on that, okay? I have to get going, you should probably hang  back." Jungkook gave me a tight smile before heading back the way he came. He always had been shitty at comforting people.

There was no way I was going to 'hang back' while my brother fought one of the fiercest MMA fighters. I'm going to be beside him no matter what.

Taehyung's face turned serious and he sent the man a stiff nod before shooting me one last look.

He's going to get destroyed.

A long sigh dragged past my lips as I watched my baby brother leave my sight. As much as I wanted to sleep off this jet lag, I forced myself out of the dressing room and into the raging crowd.

People of all races and ages past puberty attended the event. Their loud screams and cheering filled the arena. Camera crews filmed a few feet away from my seat located in the front row. Great. Taehyung was going to get his ass kicked on national television.