"Cat! Don't worry about me, save Alya!" Ladybug demanded.

"My love how you made me cry, now promise me, you will die." The Promiser shot Alya in the chest and a wave washed over her. She switched from afraid and struggling to calm and quiet. She stood and began walking to the edge.

"Now for you two."

"Cat save Alya!!"

"I won't let you touch my Lady!"

"It's too late for Alya dear, but I won't shed a single tear." The Promiser gestured to Alya who was three seconds away from jumping off the Tower. The Promiser broke Ladybugs promise just in time for her to turn and watch her best friend dive off the Tower.

The earth stood still for Marinette as she watched her best friend hit the ground like a disgusting balloon and stain the white snow red.

Ladybug couldn't recall much that happened after that moment, she remembered bits and pieces, she remembered violently taking down the Promiser, capturing his akuma, and using the lucky charm she had used to set everything back to the way it was. Nino was normal again, all the people he had taken control over were back to normal, Alya was back on the Tower, safe and sound.

The man stopped crying.

Marinette jumped awake in bed sweaty and screaming. The guilt of letting her best friend die, even if she had come back to life, weighed so heavily on her soul, especially since she and Cat Noir were the only ones that even knew it had happened. The only ones to witness the terrible scene, and Cat Noir was the reason it happened. She was having a hard time forgiving him.

Marinette then remembered the night before, Cat curled up in bed with her, scared out of his mind by the thunder storm. She wasn't sure how to feel about him at the moment. She took a shower and did some homework.

At school that day Adrien began planning his next moves, his plans to get back on Ladybugs good side as Cat and his plans to get back into Marinette's good graces as Adrien. It struck him then how hard it was to have two lives and how hard it was to try not to let them interfere with each other.

As Adrien he went to Marinette's house after school to see how she was doing, her mother went to see if Marinette wanted to talk to Adrien but of course she didn't. Adrien was happy though to hear that she was feeling better. He left another apology present in the bakery for Marinette's parents to give her and bought himself a large chocolate chip cookie.

As Cat Noir he jumped up onto Marinettes' balcony and paused right before knocking on the window, he watched Marinette dance around her room, she was actually dressed today and looking much better. He quietly opened her window and crept in. Perched on top of her bed he watched her spin around for a few silent moments.

"I didn't know you knew ballet." Marinette caught off guard froze up mid dance and tripped, falling face first onto the floor.

"Ugh.. Don't you have a little red bug to annoy." Marinette asked sitting up and rubbing the side of her face.

"My Lady is feeling under the weather, and kinda hates me right now. Either way, I wanted to make sure you're doing fine and by the looks of it you're doing much better." Cat quickly dashed under Marinette's covers when her father came up into her room.

"What are you doing on the floor sweetheart?"

"I was practicing ballet for exercise and tripped." It was true, Marinette simply didn't tell him what had made her trip.

"Perhaps you should stay in bed darling, I know you hate being locked up like this but it's for your own good. After the bakery closes for the night you can come down here and we'll play some games together okay? Oh and that blond boy that you have a crush on came by again, he's worried about you, maybe you should ease up on him."