Chapter Twelve

"Boys, time to get up!" Ian said walking in. We groaned but sat up, well I did. "Come on, Kye," I yawned getting up. "No!" He groaned. I sighed but got dressed. "You do know he will spank you too," I said. "No he won't!" Kyle scoffed. I rolled my eyes and left the room. I went downstairs and to the kitchen. "Where's Kyle?" Ian asked seeing I was alone. "He wouldn't get out of bed," I sighed. Ians jaw clenched and he put my plate in front of me. "I'll be right back!" He said before leaving. I grabbed my fork and started eating the eggs and bacon in front of me.

"Leave me alone Ian!" I heard Kyle yell followed by multiple smacks. I closed my eyes and tried drowning it out. Soon, Ian came back in the room with a teary eyed Kyle. "Sit down and eat!" Ian demanded. Kyle sniffled and sat in his spot wincing a little as he did. "I'm sorry," I whispered to him. "My fault," he sighed. I looked down and ate. Ian put Kyle's plate in front of him and he sat in his spot and started eating with us. We all finished and Kyle and I went to get our bags.

"I'm sorry, Kyle," I said. "Stop apologizing! You didn't do anything," he said, mumbling the last sentence. "Boys! Let's go!" Ian yelled from downstairs. Kyle and I left the room and we went outside to the car. Kyle got in back since he's younger and I got in front. "Charlie, you need lunch money don't you?" Ian asked halfway through the ride. I nodded. "Okay," he sighed. We got to a red light and he pulled out his wallet and handed me a twenty dollar bill. "Thanks," I mumbled, taking it from him. "Do you need lunch money, Kyle?" He asked looked back at him. Kyle glanced at him before looking away and shaking his head.

Kyle hasn't said anything to Ian since this morning. He'll get over it soon. We arrived at the school. Ian parked in his spot and looked at me. "Go ahead, I need to talk to Kyle," he said. I was hesitant but nodded and got out of the car and went to the school. I decided to wait for Kyle so I stood at the entrance of the school. "Hey, who you waiting for?" Jay asked walking up to me. "Kyle," I sighed and looked at Ian's car. "Oh, want me to wait with you?" He asked. "Uh, sure," I smiled.

Jay and I stood outside the school and waited for him. "What's wrong?" Jay asked looking at me. I looked at him confused. "What do you mean?" I asked. "Well, you never wait for Kyle, Kyle's never this late and you seem upset about something," he said. I sighed. "Kyle can tell you," I said. We looked at the stairs that led up to the school and saw Kyle walking up with Ian not far behind. "Let's go," I said and put my arm around him. He looked up at me and smiled while we walked to gym. "Kyle, are you okay?" Jay asked as we walked into the locker room. "I'm fine," Kyle insisted. Jay sighed and decided not to push him.

We got dressed and went outside. Kyle wasn't himself today and I understand why but he was really out of it today, like badly. "Shut the hell up you asshole!" Kyle yelled at Colin. "What you gonna do if I don't?" Colin chuckled stepping closer. Colin is a good four inches taller than me and maybe six inches taller than Kyle. "Kyle?" I asked. He ignored me and punched Colin! "Kyle!" I yelled and tried to pull him off before coach saw. "Boys!" Coach yelled running over. "What's going on here!?" He asked yanking us apart. "Kyle and Charlie jumped me!" Colin said wiping his bloody lip. "What?!" Kyle and I shouted at the same time. "No they didn't!" Jay said.

"Hush Jaycub Daniels!" Coach said. Then, he turned to us. "You two come with me!" He said with a scowl on his face. We looked at each other before following him. We followed him to the office, after getting our stuff, and he explained what happened then he left while we waited for the principal. "Hey, this needs to go to Paul," I heard a familiar voice. I looked up and Ian was in the office! "Will do!" The office lady said. Ian handed her the paper in his hand before turning to leave. "Charlie, Kyle?" He asked seeing us. "Hey, Ian," we said. "Charlie your lip is bleeding! Kyle your eye!" Ian noticed and became concerned. "It's nothing!" Kyle lied. "Charlie, Kyle," Mr. Wesley called us. Ian turned and looked at him. "Oh, Ian, you should come in too!" He said. Oh No!

"Okay?" Ian said. We followed Mr. Wesley into his office and Kyle and I sat in one chair together, since we both fit in it, and Ian sat in the one next to us. "Would you boys like to explain what happened?" Mr. Wesley asked. "We were at gym and Colin kept bugging us so Kyle told him to stop then Colin got in his face and ky-" "I punched the bitch in the face!" Kyle interpreted me. "Watch your mouth Kyle Somerhalder," Ian warned him. "Then why are you here Charlie?" Mr. Wesley asked. I looked at Kyle. "Cause I fought him too," I lied. Kyle looked at me and slowly looked down. "Okay, so Ian, as you know the rules for fighting they will both be suspended for two days," Mr. Wesley said. We looked at Ian and he was looking at us, pissed. "Thank you, Paul, I'll take them home then come back," he said.

"You can stay home the rest of the day, Mr. Lowell needed a sub but accidentally hired two so we have a sub here ready, if you'd like," Mr. Wesley said. Please stay here! "Thank you, I'm gonna a stay home with them for we need to have a talk," Ian said looking at us. Kyle and I looked down. "Okay, have a great rest of the day," Mr. Wesley said with a smile. Kyle and I aren't gonna have a great rest of the day! We're gonna get out asses beat when we get home! "Bye!" Ian said before we left. We got in the car, Kyle and I both in back, and Ian turned and looked at us. "We get home, you go get a shower and get your noses in a corner in my room," he demanded. "Yes, sir," we said and looked out the window ad we drove home. "I'm sorry," Kyle mumbled to me. "Not your fault," I said. We pulled into the drive way and Kyle and I ran in and to the showers. We both smell and look pretty bad but, that may be dirt.

After my shower I put on some flannel pajama bottoms and a white tee shirt. I went to Ian's room and Kyle was already in a corner. I looked down and went to one myself. We were there for a good five to ten minutes before Ian walked in. "Come here," Ian said calmer than earlier but still anger in his voice. I heard Kyle whimper before walking over to him and I stood next to Kyle. Ian reached for Kyle but he whimpered and moved away as tears fell from his eyes. "Hey, I just wanna see the damage," Ian said softly. Kyle looked at me and I nodded at him telling him it was okay. Kyle slowly walked closer and Ian gently grabbed his face and looking at the bruises on his face. "It's not bad," he said. Kyle had tears on his cheeks and he was just looking at Ian. Ian wiped the tears off his face and looked at me. He let go of Kyle and motioned for me to come to him.

I reluctantly stepped towards him and he looked for any damage. "None I can see, are there any?" He asked me. I shook my head no. Not wanting him to know I was actually hurt. "Are you sure?" He asked raising his eyebrow at me. I nodded. "I don't believe you," he said with a frown on his face. I looked away. "Take your shirt off," he said, letting go of my wrist. "N-no!" I said. "Now, Charlie!" He said. I looked down and slowly took my shirt off. "Charlie!" He gasped. "It's fine!" I said. "No, Charlie you have a giant bruise on your chest. This isn't good at all!" He said stern. "I'm fine!" I growled. "No, we are going to the hospital for X-rays," he said standing up. "No! I'm fine!" I shouted as he grabbed my wrist. "Kyle I'm gonna leave you here, you don't leave this house. Clean the kitchen while I'm gone," Ian told him. Kyle nodded and went downstairs.

"Come on Charlie," he said. "No! Ian! Please!" I cried as he dragged me out of the house. "Why not?" He asked looking at me. "Please!" I said, tears now streaming down my face. "Hey, it's Okay! What's wrong?" He asked kneeling in front of me. "My mom died in the hospital," I cried. "Oh, Charlie, I'm not gonna let you die!" He said.

"Promise?" I asked. He smiled. "I promise!" He said. I sniffled and nodded. He grabbed my hand and we left after telling Kyle bye. The ride wasn't long. We pulled in and Ian checked me in. "Charlie Somerhalder," the nurse called. "Let's go," Ian sighed and stood up. "Ian," I whispered. He looked at me. "I'm scared," I whimpered. "You'll be okay. I'll be with you the whole time!" He said. I nodded and stood up. We went back and got my weight and weight then went to the X-ray room. "Can I stay with him?" Ian asked the doctor. "Of course, you just need to wear this," he said handing him a vest. He put it on and they took the X-ray. Then we went to a room to wait. Soon there was a knock and the doctor walked in.

"Charlie has seems to have cracked his chest and broke a rib," the doctor said showing us the X-ray. "He had been hit in the rib hard enough to reset it somehow," he added showing us the cut in the rib bone. "He'll be okay, just needs to rest. So, no running, flips, trampolines, swimming, or any sports for four weeks," he said. "Thank you," Ian said and looked at me. "You're okay," he sighed. I looked down and he helped me off the table. "Let's go home," he said. I nodded and he paid and we left.