Chapter Four

Well. I know the punishment for doing something I'm not supposed to. Well let me tell you what happened.

Russell came over for dinner and Mr. Somerhalder said I could stay with him until I had a safe place to go. Russell then told him about my attitude and gave him full permission to punish me how he sees fit! I learned the first punishment when he caught me eavesdropping on them.

They were in his office having a private conversation and I was standing outside the door listening. "You could adopt him!" I heard Russell. There was a sigh. "It's not that easy! We have to get your dad to sign him over then I would have to pay a lot for him," I heard Mr. Somerhalder. They spoke for a minute longer then the door opened. I looked up and Mr. Somerhalder was looking at me and Russell looked mad. "Uh, I," "where you eavesdropping Charlie Evan!" Russell said through a clenched jaw.

"I was just," "just what!" Russell growled. I looked down feeling ashamed. "Eavesdropping," I mumbled. "I've told you! You don't eavesdrop on people!" He said getting mad. "Hey, calm down, Evan go stand in the corner," Mr. Somerhalder said. "But," "Now!" He said. I whimpered and ran to the corner. "How would you punish him for that?" I heard Mr. Somerhalder ask. Oh no! "I would spank him for punishment," Russell said still mad.

"I bloody hate you!" I yelled to Russell. "Ow!" I cried after feeling a hard slap to my butt. I turned expecting to see Russell but it wasn't. "You will NOT curse in this house! Do you understand?!" Mr. Somerhalder said stern. I whimpered and tried to run from him. He was fast though cause he caught me and slapped my backside again before holding me in front of him looking me in the eye.

"You don't run from me either!" He warned. I sobbed and nodded. "Hey, no need to cry!" He said wiping the tears from my face and pulling me into a hug. I sobbed into his chest and he rubbed my back. "I need to go to rehearsal. I'll text you later Charlie," Russell said walking over to me. I hugged him and cried into his chest. "Buddy, it's okay! Calm down!" He said patting my back. "Now you know what will happen here if you misbehave," Russell said pulling away. "Don't leave me!" I cried. He wiped the tears off my face. "I'll see you tomorrow baby! I promise!" He said. He told Mr. Somerhalder bye before leaving to go to his bands rehearsal.

"Evan, look at me baby," Mr. Somerhalder said gently. I looked at him as tears continued to fall. "I'm sorry I had to do that, but you can't curse or run from me, understand?" He asked. I nodded and sniffled. "Come here!" He said. I walked over to him and he hugged me. I needed comfort so I laid my head on his chest and let him rub my back. Suddenly I felt myself being lifted. "Gosh, you're light!" He said and I laid my head on his shoulder. "Mr. Somerhalder," I said. "You can call me Ian at home. What bud?" He asked rubbing my back as he carried me upstairs to my room. He laid me in the bed. "You can call me Charlie," I said. "What made you change your mind about what I call you?" He asked. "Cause I trust you," He smiled at me. "Good!" He smiled running his hand threw my hair.

"Why don't you get to sleep, I bet you're exhausted!" He said. I nodded and he pulled the covers over me. "Night bud," he said before leaving the room. I sighed and snuggled into the blankets and smiled before I drifted to sleep.

I woke up and my head was pounding. I sat up instantly feeling dizzy so I laid back down. I grabbed my phone and looked at the time. It read 4:58 A. M. Tears brimmed in my eyes and I slowly sat up. I slowly got out of bed and dizzily walked to the door. My head seemed to be getting worse. I made it to Ian's room and opened the door. He was in his bed, asleep. I stumbled to his bed and tapped his shoulder. "Ian?" I whimpered. He rolled over, looking at me. "What's wrong Charlie?" He asked with a sigh. "Do you have any Tylenol?" I whimpered. He sat up and looked at me before standing up.

He opened a drawer in his bathroom and pulled out a bottle of Tylenol. He grabbed a little plastic cup from the cabinet and and filled it with water. He walked over to me and handed me the cup and gave me two pills. I took them and threw away the cup. "Come on," he said and led me to the door. "I don't wanna sleep in there," I cried. "Why not?" He asked. "I'm scared," I whimpered. He sighed but led me to the other side of the bed. "You can sleep in here tonight, I guess," He said. I climbed in and he covered me up. I'm a big baby I get it!

He walked over to his side and got in bed. I lay there thinking about Russell and if he was okay. Before I could think of anything else I felt hands pull me. Then, I felt arms around me. "Go to sleep bud, you're thinking too much!" Ian said running his hand threw my hair and patting my back. I closed my eyes and smiled. I listened to his heart beat and slowly drifted to sleep in his arms. Feeling safe.

I woke up again but this time to Ian telling me it's time to get up. "Come on Charlie, you gotta get up," Ian said patting my back. "I'm tired," I mumbled. I heard him chuckle. "I know but you have school!" He said. I groaned and opened my eyes. "There ya go!" He said with a smile. I slowly sat up and rubbed my eye. Suddenly Ian laughed. "What's so funny?" I asked. "Your hair," He said after he finished laughing. I got out of bed and went to the bathroom and sure enough my hair was sticking up in every direction. I turned the sink on and got my hands wet and fixed my hair.

"Hurry bud! Breakfast is downstairs!" Ian said before walking out of his room. I went to my room went threw the bag of clothes Russell brought me. I grabbed my black ripped jeans and a brown hoodie. I changed and put them on. Then I ran downstairs. I went to the kitchen and sat at the table. "Ribs feeling better?" Ian asked. "Oh, yeah," I smiled. He smiled at me. "You know I think that's the first time I've seen your smile," he said.

I looked down still smiling. "You in a good mood?" He asked. "Yeah," I said looking up. "I was actually able to sleep in peace," I said. Did Russell have a good sleep? Is he okay? "Hello," I heard. "Huh?" I said looking at Ian who was waving his hand in my face. "You zoned out," he said. "Oh, sorry," I said and started eating the cheese toasty. I finished and I put my plate in the sink and he did as well. We grabbed our stuff and left.