Chapter Seven

I woke feeling awful. I was sweating but I was cold. I looked at my phone and the time read one in the morning. I cried and groaned standing up. I put some shorts on and took my shirt off and went downstairs. I went to the kitchen and got a glass of water and started looking for some Tylenol and nausea medicine.

"Charlie?" I heard. "I can't find the Tylenol!" I cried, my head pounding. I felt a hand on my shoulder pulling me away from the cabinet. "It's in this one," Ian said opening the cabinet. He put his hands on my cheeks and felt my head. "Charlie, you're burning up!" He said worried. He grabbed the thermometer and Tylenol from the cabinet. He lifted me up and sat me on the counter. "Open," he said. I shook my head no and went to grab the Tylenol. He grabbed my hand and popped my leg. "Ow!" I cried tears streaming down my face.

"Open," he demanded again. I cried and opened and he put the thermometer in my mouth. I sat there and silently cried as the thermometer slowly took my temperature. Ian sighed and rubbed his thumb on my cheek. After two minutes it beeped and Ian took it out of my mouth and read it. He grabbed the Tylenol and handed me two and a cup of water. "Take these," he sighed. "What was it?" I asked taking them from him. "101.3," he said. "Oh," I mumbled taking the pills.

"Lets get you to bed," he said, helping me off the counter. He easily lifts me up because I weigh a lot less than a normally fifteen year old boy. I'm only like a hundred pounds at the most. He set me on the ground and helped me upstairs. I made it up a few stairs before almost passing out. Ian noticed and grabbed my hand and wrapping his arm around my waist and lifted me bridal style and carried me to my room.

We got to my room and he laid me on my bed tucking me in. "Good night baby," he said and ran his hand through my hair and leaving my room. I wonder if Russell's okay? I thought as I drifted to sleep.

I woke up later and looked at the time. "10:04? I'm late for school," I mumbled. Why didn't Ian wake me up? I got up instantly feeling nauseas. I bolted to my bathroom and started throwing up in the toilet. I wonder if Ian's home? As if on cue Ian came running in. "Charlie! You're okay!" He said rubbing my back. I cried as I finished. "Can you brush your teeth or do you need help?" He asked helping me up. I just cried and buried my face in his chest. "Sh, you're okay!" He said rubbing my back.

"Brush your teeth bub," he said patting my back. I pulled away and sniffled grabbing my tooth Brush. I brushed my teeth and followed him downstairs. We got to the kitchen and he had some soup on the table. "Eat this," he said. "I'm not hungry," I said looking at it. "I didn't ask if you were hungry, I said eat it. You need to eat something!" He said. I sighed but sat down and started eating it slowly.

"Why aren't you at work?" I asked as I slowly ate. "Well, you're sick and I didn't want you home alone," he said looking at me. I nodded and pushed my bowl away and laying my head on the table. "You done?" I nodded. "Go lay back down," he said and grabbed my bowl. I stood up and went up to my room. I got there and I laid down covering myself up and going to sleep again.

I woke up later to voices. "Is he okay? He never gets sick!" I heard Russell's voice. "He'll be fine! How are you?" I heard Ian. "He uh he's worse. He's more drunk. He hits harder," I opened my eyes and they saw me. "Hey bud," Russell sighed smiling. He had bruises all over him. He had a black eye and busted lip. "He- I'm sorry!" I said. Russell shook his head no. "You didn't do anything. Don't apologize. I'm Okay!" He said with a smile. I don't believe it but I don't push him cause he could get mad so I let it go. 

"You feeling better?" He asked. I nodded with a small smile. He smiled and sat me up. "You hungry?" He asked. I shook my head no. He sighed and pulled me put of bed. "Then, let's go watch TV," he said. I nodded and he pulled me out of bed. Ian smiled as I looked at him. I looked down and Russ led me put of the room with Ian behind us. We got downstairs and Russell sat on the couch and I laid next to him laying my head in his lap. He started playing with my hair as Ian handed me the remote.

"I don't believe you, Charlie," Russell said after Ian left the room. "I'm fine," I said. "No, you're not," he said sitting me up. "You don't need to be afraid anymore! You're safe," he said grabbing my arms. "But, you're not," I said. He sighed and let go. "I will be, soon," he said. I looked down pulled my knees to my chest. "I'm gonna talk to Ian," Russell said before leaving. I watched as he went to the kitchen and I sat there thinking. What if I went back? Would he go easier on Russell? Or will I make it worse?

"Charlie!" I looked to the kitchen and Ian was leaning against the door frame. "Sir?" I asked. "Come get a snack," he said. I reluctantly stood up and he held his arm out and when I got close he pulled me over and wrapped his arm around me and we went to the kitchen. Ian handed me some chips and I ate them. Ian started asking Russell about school and I sat there and listen but drifted off at the same time. He needs help but he won't admit it. "Charlie, I'm gonna go I have rehearsal. I'll see you later!" Russell said before kissing my head and walking out of the house. "He'll be okay," Ian reassured me. I looked at him and looked down.

"You okay?" He asked. "Yeah, just don't feel well," I half lied. I didn't feel good but I was fine at the moment. "Why don't you go lay back down?" He asked. I nodded and got up going to my room. I got to my room and locked the door. I went to my bathroom and found them. The razors.