Chapter Fifteen - Same Love

Jade

-          Perrie? Perrie, sweetie?

I sighed, and knocked the door again, a bit angrier this time.

-          You just can’t lock yourself inside like this. You’ve just got to let someone in, you have to talk to someone! This isn’t good for you, Perrie! Please!

Still no answer. This was getting ridiculous.

“You know, we are going to knock the door down if you don’t open. I’m counting from five, and then I’m calling someone to help me smash in this frickin door. Five, four, three, two … “

I heard a low click of the door being locked open, waited a few seconds, and then I let myself in. And I was met by a sad, sad sight. Perrie was laying on the couch, surrounded by empty take away-boxes, burying herself in a pile of what looked like a collection of Zayn’s shirts. She had her headphones on, and her iPod, lying on the table by the couch, was playing Taylor Swift’s Last Kiss on repeat.

I turned the lights on, opened the curtains, took her iPod and her headphones, and began cleaning her mess.

“Lord almighty. God. You’re so tragic, Perrie. I feel sorry for you, I do, but it’s not the end of the world! Couples have broken up before, and then moved on with their lives. And so will you.”

I stopped to open the window and let in some fresh air.

“Also, I have something to show you, missus. Get in the shower, put on your own clothes, and get back here. Get up, woman, get up!”

I pulled her up from the couch, and shoved her against the bathroom. Then I folded together Zayn’s clothes, put them in a bag, and opened my computer. I entered youtube.com, and found the lads very first music video, What Makes You Beautiful.

A few minutes later, a newly showered Perrie stood in front of me. She looked less dead than when I found her, but she also looked a lot angrier.

“Get out, Jade! This is MY apartment, MY heartbreak, MY cheating gay boyfriend. And I would really appreciate if you would let me feel like crap for a couple more weeks before you pretty much FORCE me to let you in!”

She collapsed in the sofa next to me.

“You have no idea what it’s like,” she sobbed. “Not only did he cheat on me, but he is frickin’ GAY. Do you know what that feels…”

“Shut up, Perrie, and listen,” I said, trying not to sound angry.

“I realise this sucks, okay? And I know you miss him, and I know you think he never loved you, that he lied to you for a long time. But that isn’t true. I talked to the boys, and to Zayn, and the thing is - - “

“I’m not gonna listen to this,” Perrie said, and hid behind a pillow. “This is just too fuckin’ stupid.”

Breathe in, breathe out, I told myself, trying to focus.

“Perrie, I love you, and so did he,” I said. “He was, honestly, in love with you. For a long time. He loved you. They haven’t been together for more than a week, Perrie, it’s not like he has gone behind your back in ages. And I know, and HE knows, and EVERYONE knows he should have told you earlier on, but the thing is, he simply wasn’t brave enough. And this is his birthday. And he needs your support.”

She sat up in zero point one seconds.

“Support? Zayn needs my support? No way. No fucking way. You’re supposed to be on my side, Jade! You’re supposed to be my friend. Now get out of here.”