Chapter 20

Stretching, Violetpaw exited the apprentices' den. It had been two days since she discovered Hollykit was blind. But that didn't stop her or Sharpkit. Violetpaw often saw Sharpkit leading Hollykit around, and Hollykit was almost able to walk on her own. Although Violetpaw believed she could be a warrior, there was a small part of her that doubted she could fight properly.

Violetpaw immediately remembered her dream with Russetcreek.
Something.. no, someone was out to destroy Thunderclan. Windclan?

"Violetpaw!" Sharpkit mewed, leading Hollykit with her. "What are you doing?"

Violetpaw shrugged,

"I don't know. I just woke up."

"Hey, Violetpaw.." Hollykit meowed. "Do you.. think I'll be able to be a warrior?"

Hollykit's eyes, blindly met Violetpaw's.

"Of course!" Violetpaw meowed.

Hollykit brightened,

"See, I told you. If Violetpaw says is true, than it is!" Sharpkit mewed to her sister.

Violetpaw tensed slightly. What would happen if Hollykit couldn't become a warrior? Would she lose the friendship of these kits?

She only nodded, not wanting to tell the kits otherwise.

"Hey! How about we go see Adderflight! Wanna come Violetpaw?" Sharpkit meowed.

"No thanks, I have to see if Brokensoul needs me."

Sharpkit nodded, guiding her sister to the elders' den.
Violetpaw watched them go, seeing Hollykit struggling slightly. Worry built up in Violetpaw. Would Hollykit be able to become a warrior?

After a long day, Violetpaw decided she would tell Angelmist or Rosepool about her dreams. Maybe, because they were medicine cats, they could help. Right?
Padding to the medicine den, Violetpaw thought about what they could mean, and if the medicine cats could help her at all.

"Hello?" Violetpaw meowed as she walked in the den.

She could hear Rosepool's slight snores, and saw Angelmist's head rise off her paws.
She got up, silently walking to her.

"What is it?" She meowed tiredly. "It better be good."

Violetpaw nodded, flicking with her tail that they needed to talk outside.

Sitting outside, Violetpaw explained everything to Angelmist. About her dreams, the prophecy, and what Russetcreek had recently said.

"Do you know what it means?"

Angelmist stayed silent for a moment, turning her gaze to the starry sky, she answered,

"War is upon us. You know that, right?" Angelmist meowed. "Along with it, someone who I think you could expect."

"Windclan?" Violetpaw asked.

"Maybe.. but try again. Think."

Violetpaw stared at the sky too, gathering her thoughts.
Who else was there?

Suddenly, realization hit Violetpaw like an enemy.
There was one cat who had always seemed suspicious, and angry.

"Blazefang." She murmured.

Angelmist continued to stare at the stars, as Violetpaw put the pieces of the puzzle together.

"Blazefang.. murdered Stormclaw.."

Violetpaw remembered how Echofur was angered when he claimed a fox killed Stormclaw. It was because a fox didn't. It was Blazefang. Not to mention why he was always over where Stormclaw had died.

"The battle has only begun. Cats will die. And stars will fall."