chapter 1

to stop any confusion... this is like before/when the prologue happened

Violetkit tackled Moonkit to the ground, earning a squeak from her.

"Gotcha!" Violetkit meowed in a victorious tone.

"Yeah, yeah.. you only got me because I wasn't paying attention!" Moonkit grunted.

"Would you two please quit being so loud!" Specklekit groaned. The spotted she-kit glared at them.

"Watha doing guys?" Another voice came from behind them.
Violetkit turned to see one of her best friends, Angelkit.

"Playing! I won!" Violetkit meowed

Moonkit then pushed Violetkit off, throwing her across the  den, making her hit the wall.

"Ow! What was that for?" She squealed.

"Hey, guys stop!" Ivysplash scolded. "CloverStrike and Silverstripe worked hard on this den! And we're not going to tear it up by throwing your sister into it!"

"Calm down Ivysplash, their just playing. And I'm sure they didn't mean to" DoeFur meowed, lifting her head from the small nap she was taking.

Ivysplash nodded and began liking Moonkit's head.

"Ivysplash?" Shadepelt poked his head in the nursery. He was Violetkit's, and her littermates' farther, and Ivysplash's mate.

Ivysplash turned around, "yes?" Her eyes brightened around him, it never bothered Violetkit.. but her brother, Thornkit... was a different story..

Ivysplash was happy to see him, but by the look on Shadepelt's face, there was something wrong.

"BlazeFang, Echofur, and Stormclaw haven't returned yet.." He meowed.

"But they've been gone so long!" All brightness in her eyes immediately left at those words, and we're replaced by worry.
Stormclaw was Ivysplash's brother, she loved him dearly, and to hear him being gone so long made her worried.

"I'll let you know when they come back" as he said that, he ducked out of the den.

"How about we go get some fresh kill?" DoeFur meowed, trying to lighten the mood.

All the kits were gone in a heartbeat. Well, except for Specklekit, who stretched, and then walked out.

Violetkit loved to watch all the busyness of the camp. It was somehow relaxing to her. Although, to her siblings, it was just busy.

Hi Violetkit!" Violetkit turned around to see her, sister figure, Snowfoot.

"Hi Snowfoot!" She happily purred. She would often talk with Snowfoot, and if she ever had time, they would play. Violetkit wanted Snowfoot to be her mentor so bad when she becomes a apprentice. But she knew that was up to FlowerStar.

"Getting some fresh kill?" She asked

"Yup! Want to join me?" She meowed.

Snowfoot nodded and followed her the rest of the way. The she-cat and she-kit were talking both walking there, and eating.

"Hey guys, care to share?" A new voice appeared beside them.
"Hi Creekeye!" Snowfoot meow happily.
Violetkit swore her eyes would light up around him, almost like her mother around her father.

Violetkit pushed the mouse they were sharing torwds him.
He meowed a 'thank you' and took a large bite.

'Well, that mouses sure didn't last long..' Violetkit thought.