But to Lorcan's surprise, Keelia gripped his arm and sighed. "I am starving," she declared.

The evening air outside the tent was cool on the back of Keelia's bare neck. She has hoped that she could pass by Maghnus' hut in order to change into more suitable clothing. She was a complete mess.

"Might I stop by the hut to change first?" Keelia pulled her arm away from Lorcan.

Lorcan observed her apparel. "I believe you are perfect just the way you are. There is no need for you to change."

Keelia chuckled, "You do me a great kindness, Lorcan. But I would feel much more comfortable in some clean clothing."

"As you wish."

The two made their way to the hut and soon found themselves inside the small space. Keelia glanced around and saw that there was no place for her to change in private. Lorcan seemed to be in some trance just staring at her and didn't establish what he needed to do. Keelia cleared her throat and gestured with her neck toward the hut flap.

Lorcan abruptly was taken out of his trance and excused himself. Keelia began to change into a nice plain gown that only had the various shades of brown. It wasn't something that her family would expect her to wear to a dinner, but it was better than sweaty clothing.

Keelia's previous smile vanished. She hadn't taken much time to think about her family. In fact, she had pushed them to the back of her mind. How could she have been such a terrible daughter and not be worrying about what might have happened to them?

Keelia shook her head. It was all too late now. Whatever had happened was now done. There was nothing she could possibly do to help them. And, to change her train of thought, she adjusted her skirts and addressed Lorcan outside the hut.

"Has the circus been here long?"

Lorcan cleared his throat. "It has been here for longer than you have lived. How long has your house been in its location? From what I observed from humans, is that you all take pride in things passed down generation to generation. Who was to inherit your home, since you have no male heir?"

Keelia's brows furrowed. "The house had been there for seven generations. But now, there is no need for a male heir, the house is gone and so is my family." Keelia sighed and finished dressing herself. "I just wished there was something I could have done. I know I should have done something more than just running away."

Lorcan began pacing outside the hut, his hands clenched. He could feel her emotions as if they were his own. He could feel what the loss of her family was doing to her. Her inner turmoil became his own and he wanted, with all his heart, to end the life of the person who created such pain.

"There is nothing you can do. What is done is done. There is no use in wasting your time over something you can't control," Lorcan stated through clenched teeth.

Keelia burst from the hut and stomped up to Lorcan's side. "I could have stayed and found a way for my sisters to escape. I could have told my mother not to leave me in that damp tunnel. I could have not been son damned stubborn in going to that damned ball!"

"If you would have done any of that, how do you know that you would have survived? How do you do if you'd be standing here in front of me right now?"

Keelia stepped forward, getting closer to the Ringmaster. "I was a coward. I was a spoiled brat. Now look where I am."

Lorcan stepped back. "Are you saying that you hate it here?"

"No I-"

He ran a hand through his hair. "If you hate it so much, then you can leave."