Chapter Six - { One Year Later }

Your POV

"KEITH?! Are you almost done with the bike!?" You yelled out the door at the boy working away on the hover bike he found. He was able to find some more parts for it so he began fixing it up. It was about 3pm and he's been working on it all morning so you thought it was about time to call it quits.

"Yeah!! Come here and see!!" He yelled back. There was a loud bang and an ouch when you walked out to see how it was coming. You chuckled and leaned on the bike crossing your arms in the process.

"You okay there big boy?" You said leaning down to see Keith working away underneath the bike fixing the motor.

"Yeah I'm good just banged my head is all" He breathed back "Hand me that screw driver over there would you?" His hand pointed out from under the bike and over to the small work bench he'd set up with all his tools on it. While you guys have been living here you both decided to walk further out into the sandy plains and find some sort of place to get food and other necessities. You stumbled upon a market and got everything you needed from there.

"Sure" You walked over and picked up the screw driver. "What do you even need it for anyway?" You said handing it to his outstretched hand.

"The reason I banged my head was because something came loose so I gotta fix that. If we're driving this thing we don't want shit coming undone." He mumbled focusing on the work at hand.

"Hey language!" You barked at the violet eyed boy. He just huffed a sigh and continued working.

Once he was done he rolled out from underneath it and gave you a huge smile. His face was covered in black as well as his hands but he looked so proud. You laughed gently and patted his back.

"Good job little brother!" You cheered happily. Keith laughed with a big goofy smile on his face.

"Thank you, wanna try it out?" He said eyes widening with excitement. He looked at you hopefully, pleading to ride it in his mind.

"Hmmm......." You put a hand under your chin a scratched. Keith shoved you and you both and burst out laughing. "OF COURSE, god you don't have to ask, you fixed it up to ride didn't you? Not stare at it" you laughed out. Without hesitation Keith jumped onto the hover bike and and inserted the keys that he pulled out of his pocket. You climbed onto the back and held on tight.

"Where are we going?" Keith asked looking back at you over his shoulder.

"Lets go to the market we could use some food for you since you've been working so hard" you teased sticking your tongue out at him. He replied with a nod and lightly laughed.

"Market it is then" He said turning the keys. The bike came to life with a roar with the wings turning to face downward as the air flowed through them lifting you off the ground.

"HA HA! Holy shit!" Keith yelled excited, he revved the engine and glanced back at you with a huge smile. You smiled laughing happily before nodding telling him you were good to go. He turned around and sped off across the sand. He laughed happily as the wind whipped his hair around. You smiled gently watching him. Your short hair flew around in the air sometimes coming back to hit you in the face. You just smiled and threw your arms up into the air.

"This is so AWESOME!!!" You squealed over the wind. Keith glanced back at you with a smirk. Your arms were stretched out enjoying the feeling of wind running through your hair and fingers. Keith chuckled to himself as he watched you, as he turned his head back to the front he was faced with the market coming into view. 'Holy shit this bike is fast' he thought.

"Hey (Y/N)! Look there's the market! Already!" You heard Keith yell over the wind.

"Damn this bike is fast!" You yelled back earning a chuckle from the young violet eyed boy. Keith drove the bike over and parked it up close to some other bikes and hopped off.