The Wicked and the Divine

Start from the beginning

Archie furrows his brows when he registers his girlfriend's words. "Wait. What?" He knew Mickey had a thing for Jughead, but he was sure that was over with long ago.

Ignoring the two of them, Mickey looks at Terry. "Help me out of this dress. Archie, out."

Veronica leads him out of the room as Terry helps her sister get out of her dress without wrinkling it.

The dresses are for the Lodge twins' shared Confirmation. Theirs is special because it usually happens when a person is twelve or thirteen, but Hermione and Hiram wanted the same Monsignor who baptized them to be at their Confirmation. It's a really big deal especially since their entire family will be there.

"Mickey," Alice greets when the teenager walks into the her home. "Elizabeth didn't tell me she was expecting you." She's still being friendly to Mickey.

"Hi, Mrs. Cooper. Is Betty in her room?"

"Yes. Go right up."

Mickey takes her time going up the stairs to not look suspicious to the protective mama bear. She enters Betty's room without knocking. "What's with the nine-one-one?"

Betty pulls out a box from under her bed. "I need your help."

Mickey uncovers the box and scrunches up her face at the contents. "What is all of this?" It's hidden lingerie, makeup, and a black wig—items she never imagine perfect, pink Betty Cooper to own, or for Alice to allow her to own.

"You have sex appeal," she sits on the end of her bed. "I want you to make me more like you."

Betty's computer makes a noise and Mickey sees a familiar site. "Betty, don't tell me you want to do what Chic does..."

"Are you going to help me or not?"

Against her better judgement, Mickey helps Betty get into character. She assembled an outfit consisting of a lacy top and a black skirt and then she does Betty's makeup. At the end of it, Betty looks nothing like herself.

Betty sits at her vanity and adjusts the wig on her head. When she looks over her shoulder at Mickey, she smiles. "How do I look?"

Mickey gives a thumbs up. "I have to get to the hospital. I have charity work to do." How the roles have reversed. "Lock your door and don't do anything too risqué."

"I already invited Archie," Veronica declares the next morning in the lounge, "but I want you guys to be there, as well."

"Usually these kinds of events, baptisms, confirmations, are family-only," Mickey reminds them. "We are very persuasive."

"Since it's all about us and you guys are my chosen family, we pulled a few strings and reserved you a pew."

"What is the dress code?" Kevin asks what he believes to be the most important question.

"Catholic chic."

"A little licentious," Mickey kids, causing Kevin and Betty to snort. .

Veronica rolls her eyes. "Dresses for the girls, veils optional."

"And coats and ties for the boys," Mickey points at Archie and Kevin.

"Jughead Jones and Betty Cooper, please report to the principal's office," Principal Weatherbee announces on the PA. "Jughead Jones and Betty Cooper to the principal's office."

It's undoubtedly about the missing statue head. Jughead is the main suspect and Betty is his known accomplice.