chapter 24

"Distance isn't an issue because in the end, I have You".-lovequotes.com

I sent the last email to the clients I have been sending for the last three hours now. It's not a long list, but me being lazy taking small breaks in between. Oliver is in a conference meeting with Mark and other business men two floors above. He looked mad when he found Mark and me talking and laughing. I didn't say anything when he accused me of flirting with his employees. I didn't want to say something and regret it later.

"Hey! Wanna grab lunch?" I looked up to see who this voice belongs to. Mark leaned over my glass cubicle. I see Oliver stride into his office angrily. "They make delicious sandwiches two blocks down there."

I smile at the word sandwiches and I'm really hungry. I have to put something in my stomach. "Isn't he going to eat?"

I asked, pointing at Oliver's office. "We can grab something when we return." I frown that he is not taking care of his health. "Don't worry. It's not your fault that he's moody. He's always like this, something happened in the past that changed him which I don't know. Don't ask me what happened. Just smile and live without any worries."

I went to lunch with him, as he said the sandwiches are so delicious. We grab a sandwich and a drink for Oliver. We entered the building and I smiled at the receptionist and she smiled back. Then I realized I don't know her name, how stupid of me not asking her name. I looked at Mark looking at the receptionist girl with glint across his eyes. I looked at her and she was blushing red tomatoes. We entered the elevator and waited to reach our floor.

"What's her name? I forgot to ask her this morning." I asked him normally.

"Lily Kingstown." He said with an amused voice.

"And, you like her." I stated, raising my eyebrows demanding for answers.

"No, nothing like that." He denied. But blushed.

"I just pretend I believe you." I said, smirking. He opened his mouth to say something but stopped when elevator doors opened. We walked out and saw Oliver asking or I would like to say interrogating Nina, I don't know about what. He looked furious. He saw me coming and relaxed a bit and his expressions changed to cold and hard glare when he saw Mark behind me.

"Mark, in my office. Now." He said coldly and walked into his office without hearing his response.

"Why is he upset now?" Mark asked Nina who shrugged her shoulders. Mark said goodbye to me and followed Oliver.

"Oh boy! He's head over heels in love with you." Nina said and I blushed at her words. "I think I deserve a story."

I nodded and explained to her everything that Stella did. How she played a double game with us. Her mouth wide opened for the time I finished telling her. Now she is cursing Stella.

"Oh darling! I'm sorry. She's a witch, all she wants is money." She said and hugged me. We're apart and she asked; "If you guys made up then why is he ignoring you?"

"I did something, which made him mad at me." I said. I didn't look at her. "I have to go."

I got to my desk and sat in my chair. I didn't do anything wrong. All I just did was to save people I love. I said to myself. Mark came out after a few minutes with disappointment written all over his face. He looked up at me and smiled. He came towards my small cubicle.

"He shouted at me because I left for lunch without asking him. Do you think he loves me?" He asked, scratching his head. I didn't help but burst into laughing. He joined me.