Chapter 49: Secrets

Chapter 49: Secrets

A few minutes later Ron burst into Hermiones room,
'I was in the corridor, thinking through what you said and realised a mis-' he started but was interrupted by her,

'Have you read it already?'

Ron looked confused and shook his head, continuing at lightning speed,

'No Hermione I'm sorry but a serious fault with me is that I don't read. Anyway, as I was saying, I was sat in a corridor thinking through what you said about waiting for me in the common room. Well, I was waiting in a different place for you. So I guess, in a way, it's both of our faults.'

'Ron, I remember.' Hermione whispered.

'What do you mean.' Ron asked. He thought he knew the answer but wanted to make sure.

'Everything.' Is all she needed to say before she got up, wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him.

Sparks seemed to be flying off them. For the first time in months, everything seemed to be going just the way they wanted it to and life was perfect.

'I missed you.' Hermione mumbled.

'You too.' Ron replied.

A few minutes later (that Hermione insisted were not as long as normal minutes), they broke apart, gasping for air.

'I want to check.' Hermione announced.

'Check what?'

'That I really do remember everything. Tell me some things about yourself.'

'Uh, why not?' Ron asked himself. He sat on the bed next to Hermione, 'Um, let's see... I love butterbeer but prefer firewhiskey. I HATE maroon jumpers but I love mums cooking.'

Hermione kept nodding and laughing as Ron continued his list,

'Crookshanks isn't my favourite animal but I can't stand spiders. It makes me upset when you're sad.'

Hermione playfully poked Ron in the stomach,

'I didn't know that Ronald could have feelings!' She giggled. Ron mocked being offended and said,

'Hey, now I've told you a secret that nobody else knows so now you've got to do the same.'

'Fine, um... I've loved reading ever since I was little.'

'That's DEFIANTLY not a secret!' Ron exclaimed and Hermione exhaled loudly and then continued...

Ahhhhh! Two weeks until the fault in our stars!!!!!! How am I going to last that long???????????????