11

Ethan:

I watch her laugh as she takes another spoon full of ice cream into her mouth. She's beautiful. Even when she's not completely dressed up she takes my breath away.

"What?" She ask, catching me staring. "Nothing. You're just so beautiful." I blurt causing her cheeks to turn pink.

Her hair falls in front of her face and I take it upon myself to push it behind her ear. She smiles.

I can't help it. I want to kiss her so bad. Her lips look so soft.

Without even thinking twice I lean in and our lips press against one another softly.

Her lips taste faintly of chocolate ice cream causing me to smile when I pull away.

"I'm sorry if that was too much I-" she cuts me off "no no it's fine." She smiles placing her hand on top of mine causing my cheeks to heat up even more.

She places a small kiss onto my cheek almost to reassure me that everything's fine and flashes me a small smile.

"Umm is it okay if I use your bathroom?" I ask ruining the moment.

"Um yeah. There's one upstairs. It's at the end of the hallway." She says simply. "Thank you." I mutter as I hop off the stool at the island. She smiles at me as I leave.

I climb up the stairs and see a door on the left side of the hallway and swing it open. My eyes widen. This definitely isn't the bathroom.

There's a small bed with Spider-Man sheets and there's toy boxes on the other side of the room. Holy shit.

I climb back down the stairs not even worried about the bathroom anymore.

"What's wrong?" She ask seeing that I came back so soon and I probably looked super shocked.

"Umm you must really like Spider-Man." I chuckle nervously. I couldn't produce words.

Her eyes widen as she realizes what I'm talking about. "I can uh explain." She says looking down at her hands.

I immediately calm down and take my original seat right next to her. "I got time." I mutter.

"That's my son Andrews room." She says pushing her hair behind her ear. I nod. "You're only 20." I say trying to figure everything out.

"I had him when I was 18. He's almost three years old." She says swallowing a lump in her throat. I just nod letting her know that I'm listening.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He ask scrunching my eyebrows together. "Because every guy I tell just disappears just like his dad did." She sighs.

"I'm still here." I say placing my hand on her cheek causing her to smile. "I know I haven't known you for very long but I really like you. I wouldn't leave just because of this." I ramble.

We fall silent for a minute as she tries to calm herself down.

"I don't like Spider-Man by the way. He's obsessed with him though. It's his favorite superhero. He wont leave me alone about the new movie coming out Friday." She chuckles Breaking the ice.

"I'd love to meet him." I smile. "He sounds great." She smiles. "Maybe here soon." She says reassuringly.

A kid would probably scare any usual 21 year old but for some reason I'm okay with this. Maybe it's the fact that I genuinely feel something for her.