2

Grace:

"Come on. You deserve a night out." Alex sighs causing me to roll my eyes.

"What would I do with Andrew?" I ask. I swear sometimes she forgets I have a two year old son because I'm only 20.

"I'm sure your mom would love for him to stay the night." She shrugs. She's probably right but I'd feel awful about pawning him off on his grandma just so I could have some fun.

"Come on. You're so young. You can't just throw all this time away." She says taking a sip from her cup and glancing around the small cafe we always come to on lunch break.

"Why exactly do you want me to come with you?" I ask squinting my eyes at her.

"There may be this guy I want you to meet." She says hesitantly and shrinking in on herself because she's scared of my reaction.

I roll my eyes and lean back in my chair. "Alex, we both know how it's gonna work out. He's gonna find out I have a kid and he's gonna run away with his tail between his legs. No guy my age wants anything to do with a kid." I sigh crossing my arms.

"Grace. I'm telling you, this guys is nice. If he got to know you I'm sure he'd love to help with Andrew." She tries to sway me.

"How do you know this dude anyway?" I ask scrunching my eyebrows.

"Jake knows him." She shrugs. A lot of the guys she's tried setting me up with have been her boyfriend, Jake's friends.

"He just moved here and he's looking to meet new people." She adds wiggling her eyebrows.

I can't help but think this isn't worth it. I know what's gonna happen.

"Is he cute?" I blurt. I mean I gotta know. This could determine my decision.

"Oh he's gorgeous." She gushes causing me to chuckle.

"We should probably get going." She says glancing at her phone and shoving it back into her coat pocket.

I shrug my jacket on and push my chair in causing a loud noise to ring through the small cafe.

Alex swings the door open causing the small bell to ring above our heads.

As we walk into the cold wind she's quick to turn towards me. "Just promise me you'll think about it. I think he'll really like you." She pleads.

"We'll see." I say shoving my hair out of my face.

—————————
AN:

I hope you guys like this story so far :)