Chapter 6; Like Magnets

I wrapped my arms around his neck as things were headed to a steamier state. The elevator "dinged" and opened. I pulled away, putting both of my hands on his chest - with the bottle still in my hand - giving off the feeling that this wasn't right and I should stop.

I got off the elevator first, after grabbing the cups from Blake's hand, leaving him behind. I turned around and the elevator doors were closing. I looked Blake in the eyes, hoping he'd read them. That I honestly didn't really want him to go. I gulped, swallowing the words I couldn't say aloud, hoping he'd read my eyes. The doors became closer and right before I reached for them, Blake put his arm in between them and stepped out of the elevator.

We stood outside the elevator, trying to read each other. 

"I can walk you to your room." Blake broke the silence. I nodded, agreeing. That was all I could do. I didn't want to say that I didn't want him to leave, but how could I tell him that I wanted him to stay? I took in a deep breath as we walked down the long hallway, and exhaled. I gulped again, feeling the tension between us. The tension that was almost like chemistry.

As we were nearing my room, I grabbed the key to open the door. I opened the door, turned around and Blake was looking me in the eye.

"I guess this is it?" Blake asked.

"I guess." I said, nodding my head.

"And we'll never see each other again." He said.

"And we'll never see each other again." I repeated, keeping my eyes on his.

The lust I was fighting within me was strong. But like magnets, our bodies acted in the same way. Before I knew it, the bottle of liquor and the glass cups were on the floor, Blake was through the door and we were getting deeper into the dark room.

Our bodies - in sync - never parted as we moved in circles and danced to the sound of our fast-paced heartbeats. One thing led to another and before we knew it, the moon was set and the sun was on the rise when I fell asleep.