Chapter 4 - Butterflies

A I Y A

I was in R.S with everyone when I got a text from Cleo. This bitch just left me so I had to suffer through Biology on my ones whilst she went on some next date with Jamal. I'm gonna kill her, as soon as I find out where she is.

Aiyaa: Where you @?

QueenC: In referral, suspended for the rest of the week. Tell Jamal that I'm going to kill him.

I knew that Jamal was gonna get Cleo in shit because he's probably the most irresponsible person I know. Just then he came strolling into the lesson a good 45 minutes late and sat him his seat which is opposite me and next to Murphy.

"Do you know where Cleo is?" He asked. I really wanted to slap this boy in the face because he had obviously ben high and now he's managed to drag Cleo into it.

"She's in isolation and she's suspended till next week. Oh, and she's going to kill you so please Jamal, enlighten me. What the fuck did you do?

Jamal put his head on the table. "How was I supposed to know Mr Bradshaw was gonna call Cleo in. I thought he would leave her cos she's still kind of new innit.

He sat back up and I realised what he had done. "You didn't?" He stayed silent which answered my question. "Ergh Jamal you fucking idiot. I told you to stop bring that shit into school because it's going to get you in trouble. Like seriously you don't need to be high 24/7"

He kissed his teeth. "Whatever man."

I know it may seem like I'm nagging and all, I mean I like having fun as much as much as the next person but I'm not prepared to have my whole education thrown down the toilet just for a few hours of stupidity. I always told Jamal this but he just brushed me off and told me to shut up. I swear he can be so annoying sometimes but he's still my best friend so I just ignore the dumb shit he does. I doesn't mean I'm okay with it though.

C L E O

You would think that not having to go to school for a week is the best thing in the world but doing the same thing three days in a row gets boring. Also considering the fact that during the day all my friends are in school and I can't do anything afterwards seeing as I'm on house arrest, things haven't exactly been fun. Even if I'd have to suffer through lessons with aggravating teachers at least in school I'm with my friends.

Luckily for me my dad is kind of shit a punishing me. He still yelled and didn't believe me when I told him that the weed wasn't mine. I am almost 100% positive that I wouldn't have gotten into any trouble whatsoever if he hadn't told Mr Bradshaw about this bullshit drug abuse thing. All my dad did was take away my phone and ground me until further notice. Thankfully I still had my iPod because I would die without music.

Basically all I had been doing for the past three days is annoy my dad by blasting loud music out my speakers whilst trying to revise.

"Cleo I'm leaving now." My dad said coming in to my room. I looked up from my magazine and cut my eyes at him. I didn't actually give two shits as to when he went to work so I don't know why he was coming into my room to tell me this. "Remember you're not allowed out of this house."

"I know." I replied bluntly then I put the volume of my speakers up to drown out whatever else he wanted to say to me. I'm only taking two more days of this, if he doesn't let me out this weekend then I'm running away.

***

"Why are you here?" I couldn't believe how uncomfortable I was feeling in my own room. It was still a mess seeing as I hadn't actually unpacked properly and I wasn't even wearing proper clothes. And the dickhead had the fucking nerve to try and joke around with me when I'm clearly not in the mood.