One Of The Boys. *1*

• Dedicated to Randi Nicole

I've had this idea rolling around in my head for a while now, and I just had to get it down on paper(:

CHAPTER 1

I guess you could say I'm a orphan being only sixteen and living on my own, but I have my kitten Juliet, that was when I was going through my William Shakespeare phase, with me so I'm not technically all by myself. My name's Susan, I hate it, I don't know what my parents were thinking when they named me that! Most people just call me by my middle name, Jaylen.

About seven months ago my parents both died in a car crash a couple of weeks after my sixteenth birthday, I didn't have anywhere to go so I moved out of my parents house and into the apartments I live in now. It's nothing amazing, it's actually pretty crappy, but it's definitely better than nothing. My apartment has a bedroom, a bathroom, a kitchen, and a living room and they're all extremely small, but for $250 a month I'll take it.

I got a job at Starbucks and thankfully I'm doing alright right now. I picked up my little Siamese kitten Juliet when I was on my way home from work a couple of months ago. My work is just down the street from where I live and I saw her practically starved to death and abandoned so I took her with me and she's been mine ever since.

After my parents died and before I got Juliet I didn't know how to get through the days. Nothing in the world seemed to matter; I had considered suicide, but my friends convinced me otherwise. They had always been there for me when I needed them the most and without them I know for sure I wouldn't be here right now.

I had always been the type to be more aware of my appearance, and made sure that I didn't ever look horrible. I had long curly blonde hair that was so dark in color I mines well say I'm a really light brunette. I had my dad's hazel eyes, they were sometimes green and sometimes blue; they were definitely more green than blue though. I had always been fair skinned; I could lie out in the sun for hours but I just could never get a tan, I could definitely get sun burnt though. I wasn't that tall either I could actually be considered short; most of my friends were taller than me, which let me tell you, sucks. I'm not the size two skinny model, but I'm not fat, I guess I could be considered average. The two things I definitely had, boobs and a butt; they're not huge but they're definitely not small. That's one thing I could thank my parents for, that and my full lightly pink lips.

I had always been the straight A student for as long as I can remember but ever since my parents, passed, I just have been too busy with a job that I just haven't been able to keep up.

I guess you could say I was popular; I was never the cheerleader and I was definitely far from being the most popular person, but I did know my share of people. I always got along better with the boys then the girls because, let's face it, girls are way more drama. Even though I got along better with the boys my two best friends are girls, Alex and Esmeralda; the thing is, they hate each other. I can never hang out with them at the same time because they hate each other that much.

I petted Juliet good bye, grabbed my things and walked out the door, thanking God that my school doesn't have to wear uniforms. I was locking the door when I heard Jarren behind me.

"Hey Jaylen, running late today are we?" He smiled at me popping out the dimples that all of the girls seemed to go crazy for. Jarren was my best guy friend and like a brother to me, we grew up together and have never been separated. He had looks that the girls always loved, tousled brown hair that he was constantly running his fingers through, bright baby blues that shown in the light, tanned skin that he didn't even have to work to get, and a perfect toned body that I had to go the gym with him all last summer for him to get.

He had picked me up every day on his bike since my parents passed. I smiled back at him, "Sorry Juliet needed a bath really bad."

He rolled his eyes at me, "And that couldn't wait till after school?" he spoke while we walked down the staircase that lead to where his bike was waiting for us outside.