Part IX - Leonis, 1:12, 2:16 - Missing The Timing

Arthur knew things were escalating and fast

Arthur knew things were escalating and fast. It was also clear that he needed to stop dismissing Abrina's counsel so quickly; the beautiful woman next to him apparently maintained a much cooler head than he, and this time he let this anger get them both in trouble. It was not simply a one man show anymore and that was something new for him. "I'm sorry, Abrina," he said under his breath.

Looking down the street, Arthur recognized an opportunity approaching. He began to back away and reached beside him with his hand searching for Abrina's, but found none.

A welcome string of shiny automobiles zooming down the road offered the couple a last chance to escape.

Arthur glanced around at Abrina and found an annoyed face. "Let's go!"

"OH, now, you want to go?"

"Yeah? So, why aren't you moving!?!!"

Lester darted out into the traffic, forcing the lead car's driver to slam on the brakes. Slapping the hood of the car with two hands, he muttered a curse word and then jumped up onto the sidewalk, blocking Arthur and Abrina's exit down one direction of the sidewalk. Two more NSRP thugs joined him. The rest were held up by traffic.

"Because, you wanted a fight, Arthur. Let's fight, so you can get it out of your system!"

"Abrina, what are you tryin' to prove?" Arthur inquired as the woman placed her back to his.

She said nothing.

"When this is over, we're going to drag your carcasses through the dark side of town to make sure this don't happen again!" Homer said from behind, startling Arthur. "You hear me, traitor?"

Arthur glanced over his shoulder to find the young man named Homer standing next to one tree trunk of a man. "Abrina?"

"You worry about you. I'll worry about me," she responded flatly and kicked off her shoes.

Arthur winced.

Abrina narrowed her eyes at the men creeping toward her. "You gents are going to pay for making me take my nice new shoes off. You better hope they don't get scratched."

The two thugs glanced over at each other and shrugged.

"Well, come on," Abrina said and raised her fists in front of her.

The fat man yelled at Arthur and Abrina, "I suppose you heathens have realized by now that runnin' away is not in the cards for ya'll, today? This town is our business and we don't want you and your race-mixin' whore destroyin' it. So, you ain't goin' nowhere!"

"Here they come!" Arthur said.

"Let them," Abrina responded with her back to his.

Homer, the first of her two thugs to advance, moved toward Abrina, fists clenched. Abrina blocked his wide swing, grabbing him by the forearm, and pulled the surprised teenager toward her. They were face-to-face as she smiled a devilish smile. He began to scream as the pupils of her eyes turned from blue to a deep black, but was silenced by the knee she drove into his abdomen. Abrina then grabbed him by one of his suspenders and lifted him into the air, smashing his face and sending his glasses flying. His head flew up and back, and as she released the leather strap, allowed inertia to send the rest of his body following it backwards into the air. Homer's unconscious body flew in the air and crashed to ground at the other assailant's boots, generating a look of surprise on the muscular man's chiseled face.