Part XVIII - Leonis, 1:12, 2:16 - Missing Time

Pete opened the firetruck's driver-side door and jumped into the tall grass, his gaze affixed on the doctor. "Are my eyes deceivin' me or is that really you, Doc Warner!?!!" the fire chief asked in astonishment.

"No, it's me, Pete. In the flesh," Robyn replied and walked across the overgrown yard to hug the man. He was accompanied by five t-shirt clad firemen with shovels and axes, doubtless ready to work.

"That explains why we didn't find you all's bodies," Pete said as he accepted the embrace and then stepped back to examine her. "Amazing! Not a scratch. So, where in the blue blazes have ya'll been hidin', Robyn? You know your husband is practically out of his ever-lovin' mind thinking you were dead? And with it raining cats and dogs for the past two weeks, it's been everything to keep that man from runnin' out here and looking for you in the middle of the storm."

The doctor sighed. "I was afraid of that, but the Raymond's and I, we had no choice."

"Had no choice...hmmm? Alright, I'll bite, Robyn. First tell me what happened and then you tell me why you three were in this old house."

She pointed toward Arthur and Abrina. "Mr. Raymond over there managed to get us out of the house before it collapsed. We ran into the woods and then..."

"You little son of a bitch!" Arthur exclaimed through gritted teeth and took off running. All eyes turned in his direction just in time to catch a glimpse of the man as he blew by in full stride toward the firetruck.

The last to exit the red machine, and the only man unaware of Arthur, Abrina, and the doctor's presence, emerged from around the rear of the truck with his face down, zipping up his pants. He looked up and stopped dead in his tracks, his eyes widening as he spotted the human freight train known as Arthur racing toward him. He quickly dropped his axe, turned, and darted for the rear of the firetruck. Arthur stopped halfway across the property, changed direction, and then waited in front of the truck's chrome grill for the fireman to run by. "Got ya'!" Arthur exclaimed and grabbed the man he recognized as one of the NSRP thugs that threatened him and Abrina at the restaurant by the back of the shirt and the hair on his head. He spun the fireman around, smacked his face onto the hood of the candy apple red firetruck, and then threw him to the ground. Arthur began to pummel the young man mercilessly. "You tried to kill the wrong people, you Nazi bastard!"

"Stop it, Arthur! You're going to kill him!" the doctor shouted and glanced back at Abrina standing there in the rubble with her arms crossed, calmly watching things play out. "Say something, Mrs. Raymond! Please!"

With a cold expression, Abrina returned Robyn's gaze, but said nothing.

"Please, Abrina!?!!"

The crew of firemen raced over and pulled the rage-filled Arthur from his neo-nazi victim. With bloody knuckles, Arthur flailed about like a madman, attempting to free himself from the men's grips. "Let me go, damn it ya'll!"

"Okay, will someone please tell me what just happened?" Peter bellowed with his hands in the air.

Abrina broke her silence. "Arthur, that's enough! He's done."

"But, they tried to kill you and the doctor, Abrina!"

"I know, but he is not the only one."

The former soldier realized what the woman was saying and deflated, allowing the rage in him to slowly dissipate.

"Are you sayin' you mean Michael over there tried to kill your wife and the doctor, Mr. Raymond?" Peter inquired and pointed at the injured fireman lying on the ground. "That is your name, right, sir? Mr. Raymond?"