Chapter 7

Erik's POV

Christine, my angel, is in my arms once again. I thought for sure that she was never coming back after the horrific way I treated her. She revealed her true feelings to me and decided to stay.

"Christine, I know I don't deserve you, but I promise you that you will never feel like a prisoner here. You are here by your own choice, if this becomes too hard for you then are allowed to leave at any time." I told her hoping she would realize that I never intended for her to be my prisoner.

"Thank you Erik, you're one of the most important people in my life." She said smiling at me, but it didn't reach her eyes, I'm assuming it's because she was reminded of the Vicomte. I know she'll always miss him and that is my fault because I did attempt to kill him and then drove him out of the lair. I just hope she'll be happy with me because after everything I put her through, she deserves to be happy.

Christine's POV

A part of me will always love Raoul and miss him because he was my first friend and love, and that's a part of my life I'll never forget. But now, I'm starting a new chapter with my Angel. I hope he realizes that it will take time for me to fall in love with him, and it will be hard to see him as Erik because all I can see when I look at him with that mask on is "The Phantom of the Opera" and all the torment I endured.

As I looked around my new home, I realized that I was still wearing the wedding dress that Erik made for me. Looking at it made me sick to my stomach because all it reminds me of is Raoul and that we'll never get married.

"Erik?

"Yes, my angel?"

"May I please take this dress off? It's suffocating me." I said as I began to feel light-headed.

Erik's POV

When she asked to take her wedding dress off, I knew it wasn't just because it was too tight, she wanted to take it off because it reminded her of the wedding she'll never have with the Vicomte. But hopefully someday, she'll learn to love me instead of fear me and we'll get married, someday.