Chapter 1

Christine's POV

"You try my patience. MAKE YOUR CHOICE!" the Phantom yelled at me impatiently. I had no idea what to do, both men who I cared for deeply were in front of me and I couldn't bare to part with either of them, but I couldn't let Raoul be killed because of my selfishness. So I knew I had to choose the Phantom.

"Pitiful creature of darkness, what kind of life have you known? God give me courage to show you...you are not alone!" I sang to the Phantom to show him that I choose him and am giving my life in order to save the man I love. I don't know why I kissed him though. At first I thought I did it to show him compassion but now I realize I might have feelings for him as more than a teacher.

"I'll stay with you. Now please let Raoul go." I said pleadingly.

"Christine, no! You can't spend the rest life of your life in the darkness with this monster. Please be free I just want you to be happy, I don't care about my life if you aren't in it." Raoul said on the verge of tears after the Phantom released him from the Punjab lasso.

"She made her choice Monsieur, now leave this place and forget about all you have seen." the Phantom sneered.

"No! I'm not leaving without Christine, please, have you no pity? I love her!" said Raoul begging on his knees.

"Leave this place and never tell anyone what you've seen or I'll hurt your precious fiancée."

"You would never hurt her, you're supposed to love her." Raoul spoke in shock.

"Sometimes love makes you do awful things to protect the person you love. Now leave or you'll be sorry." The Phantom shouted. Raoul's eyes widened as he mouthed "I love you" to me before running out of the lair.

That was the last I would see of Raoul for a very long time.