12) The Truth

The next morning Justin and I hopped on our bikes, and headed down to the base to get some answers.

  As soon as we walked in the was a german shepard sitting in a dog bed by the door. I decided it probably wasnt a good idea to pet him and pushed Justin further inside.

   "Justin, Jenna hey! Hows your folks doing?" Justin and I both shook his hand.

"Good, good" Justin answered.

"Hows Max?" He asked with a huge smile on his face.

  "Thats actually what I well what we wanted to talk to you about" he nodded at Justin.

"Well let's head back to the office" I grabbed Justins hand and squeezed it before we both followed him towards his office. It was a nice little office, cozy.

  "Max was as good as a dog who ever passed through the facility why?" He said after we sat down and got to the basics.

  I sat up straight. "Do you think he could have ever hurt Kyle in anyway?" I asked getting deaper into the conversation.

  "Dogs can bite their handlers, but I dont think that's what your asking" Justin and I glanced at each other for a second before Justin continues.

  "Well could he have like turned on him or something, you know in the middle of a battle or a fire fight or something?" He looked at Justin like he was crazy or something.

  "What would make you think something like that" well the possibility was wide and endless.

  Max is such a sweet dog but could he have. I feel bad thinking it could be true but ive seen what that of could do. Alot of people have but i personally trust my big brother to not put himself or others in harms way.

   "Our brothers friend Tyler, he was with him when he died and he came home recently" the sergeant moved towards his computer and started typing things in as my brother talked. "I dont know I guess he told our Dad some stuff about Max." Sergeant Reyes pulled up some stuff on his computer. More importantly some stuff about Tyler.

  "Tyler Harm?" I furrowed my eyebrows. "Did he tell your Dad why he was home five months early?" My heart started racing faster.

  "I dont know I mean I guess he got hurt or something that's what he said" the Sergeant scoffed.

  "Or something, administrated separation it doesnt say anything about an injury" Justin squeezed my hand calming me ever so.

  "Are you, are you saying he lied" I asked as I couldnt even believe it.

"Well thats all I could get here I'll look into it, but in the meantime" he grabbed a CD from the shelf and handed it to me. "This is classified, so dont get me in trouble okay" I smiled as he ruffled up my hair.

  "For your eyes only" he said looking at the two of us" Justin and I looked at each other before racing out of there as fast as we could.

  "Where are we going?" I asked as we grabbed our bikes. He started riding of and I followed in suit.

  "To Chuys" my heart started racing for some reason.

Huh well thats new.....