Chapter 7

The bus finally arrived at the school. I got off the bus and headed inside. According to one of the electronic display boards inside the school, today was a "C" day. That meant that we had classes "C", "D", "A" in the morning and classes "3", "4", "1" after lunch. For me that meant that I had Gym first thing today.

*Ding! Ding! Ding!*

The first bell signaling the start of class had rung. I head down the "A" hallway. At the very end of the hall was the door to the boys locker room; A127 was the room number. I went inside to get changed for gym class.

I wasn't the first one there. Some of my classmates must have come a few minutes early because there was already several boys half naked roaming around the locker room. I walked over to my locker, number 2356. I enter my combo and took my clothes out. I didn't see Connor yet as he has locker 2357 and normally tries to get to class a few minutes early. Joshua has locker 2355 but I wasn't expecting to see Joshua in class considering what happened the night before at the soccer game. I continued getting changed not really thinking much about it.

When I finished getting dressed, I headed out into the gym. Our gym is huge. It has two full size basketball courts next to each other. The floors and walls were embellished with various words and letters for the school such as "Belden Falls" or "BFRHS." The walls were painted in the schools colors: green, white, and blue. There is a retractable divider that can separate the gym into two halves. Today the gym was cut in two. Usually we get a choice of activities we'd like to play. Today it looks like the options were indoor soccer, badminton, or volleyball. I chose to play badminton with one of my classmates. I had gotten really into the game and barely noticed how much time had passed by. Class was half way over and Connor still wasn't in class. I was a little bit worried about him but I figured he decided to skip class and didn't think much of it. And by the end of class, Connor still hadn't shown. I walked into the locker room and got changed out of my gym clothes. I was curious as to why Connor didn't show up for class.

My next class, "D" class, was my free block, which meant that I didn't have any class. I was allowed to grab a snack in the cafeteria, hang out in the commons area, join in the "D" block gym class, head to the Library on the second floor, or to one of the computer labs on the third floor, among other things I was permitted to do during free block. Connor has a scheduled study hall during "D" block. I decided that I was going to go pay him a visit and find out why he wasn't in gym class.

*Ding! Ding! Ding!*

With the ring of the bell I headed to the stairwell. I climbed up an entire flight of stairs to the second floor. Connor is supposed to be in room LB221. That room is one of the study hall classrooms inside the Library, which itself is room number E324. I headed down the "E" hallway to the Library. I went inside and looked for Connor's class.

"Hey Andrew, what are you doing up here?" I heard a voice call to me from behind.

I turned around to see who it was calling me. Sure enough it was Connor. I walked towards him.

"Connor! Where were you for gym class?! Did you cut class or something?!" I demanded, wanting answers from him.

"Yea, I cut class," he answered.

"Why?" I had asked.

"I don't know. I just felt like it," he answered.

It wasn't like Connor to just skip class for no reason, but I just blew it off and didn't think much of it.