Chapter 9 - New Plans

Levi had shot ahead while you dragged behind with your newly sore wings. Expecting to see him back on the ground once you caught up, you came to a sudden stop when you reached a branch he was casually sitting on, looking over the training grounds on the edge of the forest. Gently landing next to him, you placed a hand on your hip as you tried to follow his gaze.

"What're you looking at?" You inquired with curiosity. Looking down at him, you couldn't help but be amused by how photogenic he was posing, as if he was being filmed for some dramatic movie.

"Observing." He answered simply. You cocked an eyebrow at him, but he held no reaction, so you figured you'd just join him in his stoicism and sit down. Plopping onto the branch, you felt your hand graze his, a few fingers lying atop his hand so gently you were wondering if he even felt it. You'd never admit it, but you hoped he wouldn't move, and thankfully he did not. For a solid couple of minutes you two just sat there, trying to ignore each other's presence for the sake of preventing an awkward situation, but at the same time enjoying the company and contact.

The silence was disturbed only after a short while, by Levi clearing his throat, slipping his hand from under yours with a delay from the rest of his body you felt proud of for noticing.

"It's time we get back." He mumbled in his deep voice, and you just hummed in agreement before hopping off the branch, freefalling for a moment before shifting into a glide with the slightest of blushes on your face you tried your best to ignore.

Once you landed with the rest of your teammates, they gathered round in curiosity and concern.

"Geez, what took you so long?" Mocked Oluo, hands on his hips with his eyebrows raised. You snarled yet again, but this time more to yourself as you eyed the ground, not wanting to admit you'd crashed, let alone got stuck. Levi stepped forward as you fluffed your feathers in frustration and went to rest your sore limbs.

"That man she had seen showed up again and nearly attacked this time. We were clearing the area to make sure it didn't happen again." He said sharply. Oluo raised his eyebrows further, but backed down, arms crossed.

"Run it through one more time and then you can head to the sparring grounds. (Y/n), come with me. We need to discuss what's been going on." The Corporal ordered further, then headed off back to base. You glanced back at your team hesitantly before jogging to catch up with him, a bit unsure of what you should say.

"So what's the plan?" You asked.

"We'll discuss this with Erwin. He will be the most qualified something like this. There's a lot going on right now, everything we do should be checked with him to make sure it doesn't interfere with anything." He said stoically.

'Right, the expedition.' You thought to yourself. A slight tingle inched down your spine at the reality of the open world. The horrors you've overheard, they decently surpassed your struggles so far.
Having fallen into the abyss of your thoughts, you were surprised to see you'd reached Erwin's office. Levi casually opened the door, and you followed him in with a new stern demeanor, understanding the magnitude of the situation.

"Levi, (Y/n), what brings you here?" Erwin said with a raise of his eyebrows as he looked up from his paperwork.

"We believe there is some sort of spy activity taking place here, sir." You stated with a serious and smooth tone. Levi shifted his weight to intentionally step on your toe, making you slightly flinch as he grumbled:

"I do the talking here." Into your ear. You tensed a bit at the sensation of his voice being so near, but it only showed in the form of your eyebrows creasing and lips thinning the slightest bit. However, Erwin noticed, but chuckled for a brief moment before clearing his throat.