Chapter 2- Acceptance

(PS: In this story Levi is a couple years younger, like mid 28. We all know we're in denial about the fact that he's over 30, so you're welcome XD Now its an age appropriate love interest of a 23 year old girl (unless you're a guy or some other thing aaAH TUMBLR DONT KILL ME) and a 28 year old man. Yeah. ENJOY THE STORY NOW BYE)

It was only just before noon on the second day since you'd left the underground, but nevertheless, the sound of hooves pounding against the forest floor greeted your ears. Stretching from your resting spot on the tree branches, you inched your way farther out of the blanket of leaves, hiding behind nothing but a dark shadow. What greeted you at the forest floor was a small fleet of Survey Corps soldiers on horseback, maybe around 5 or 6, and they all seemed to be looking for something.

You.

You heard one of the soldiers call out orders to the others, and within moments they split up leaving only 1 dark haired man on the back of a dark grey horse, scanning the area like a hawk. You stayed deathly still, not daring to make a sound as you observed your seeker with both caution and curiosity. When the man used his 3DMG to launch himself into the treetops, you recognized him as the one who you had sword fought 2 days before in your great escape from the Underground. Already you began to become defensive, ready to fight this man if he dared to attack you. Inching further out of the shadows, all that could be seen of you was the silhouette of your wings and your slightly glowing eyes. The mysterious soldier whipped his head about, sleek black hair swishing with every move and icy blue eyes analyzing every leaf. It was quite fascinating to watch, but when he turned his head towards you, the amusement slowly faded away.
Seeming to lock eyes with you even through the darkness, he made his way down a thick branch that lead to your tree, and soon he was a mere 5 feet away from you, still keeping his blue orbs locked to your (e/c) ones. You came closer as well, and with every move closer the blanket of darkness faded away from your body. Like a creature emerging from its cave, your wings slowly opened to reveal themselves, surrounding your figure like a gorgeous angelic frame. Now, the soldier could see through the faint darkness just enough so that your wings and features of your face were in view, your glowing eyes being one of the most prominent things. You let a puff of air blow through your nose, trying to stay calm even though your heart was pounding in your ears.

The interaction was similar to one of a man and a beast, each hesitant, but also curious.

Suddenly, there was a loud rustling of leaves and the cracking of twigs, and in a split second you retreated back into the shadows, folding your wings around your body to serve as camouflage, hoping the black tips could blend you in with the darkness. Nearby, you heard the Survey Corps conversing.

"Did you find her?" Called a deep voice from the ground.

"I'm not sure, but I did find something." Replied another low voice, this one easily distinguishable as the man on the branch just outside your protective shadow. Knowing he was talking about you, you tensed and pulled your wings tighter against your body.

"What do you mean?" Asked the one from the ground. Mumbling of questions accompanied his voice.

"I..." You listened intently to the dark haired man stumble on his words. You weren't surprised, for comprehending the fact you had just encountered a seemingly mythical winged creature was quite difficult, but you could tell he wasn't used to not knowing what to say. Once again, you're amusement was cut off by terror as he shook his head in frustration, abruptly pulling out his swords and facing the branches and thick walls of leaves that provided your shelter.

"Just see for yourself!" He growled exasperatedly, raising his dual swords to the branches. Just as he slashed down through the wood and leaves, you made the quick decision of unwrapping your wings, stretching them out high above you before shooting them down and letting the currents they made launch yourself straight up through the air.
You darted past the branches that were above you, dodging your way through the canopy until you reached the open sky with a whoosh. You were suspended in the blue sky, wings opened to their full length and your head pointed up towards the sky. You could practically feel the gazes on you, but you ignored them as best as you could, leaning your body forward so that you glided back down to the forest floor. You picked up speed as you flew, and when you finally reached the ground you landed with a loud rumble that shook the floor below you, a ring of dust expanding around your feet before dissipating into the air. You landed with your knees bent, body shaped in a crouch and wings folded down so that they partially came around in front of your form and brushed against the ground. Your head was pointed down, and you (h/l) (h/c) hair was thrown in front of your face so that it couldn't be seen.
Your dramatic and sudden appearance led the soldiers to draw their swords, the metal scraping against their sheaths leading you to flinch in caution. In a single fluid motion, you lifted yourself to your full height of 5 foot 4 inches, your hair still tossed to cover most of your face, but your features and faint glow of your eyes showing. You brought your wings off the ground as well, lifting them so that they were half folded on either side of your body. Once you stood in this position, you flicked your head so that your hair returned to its normal place, revealing your entire face.