Then, Rapahella had rolled onto her side, crawled closer to Nura and planted the smallest of kisses on her lips. Her eyes were a little wide when she pulled away, but they were full of something Nura didn't understand but wished she did.

When Rapahella leaned back in again, Nura kissed her back and she felt a spark where their lips had touched.

The French girl pulled away again and in that moment, she looked celestial. Rapahella gave her a shy sort of smile, that made something in Nura twitch.

An odd sensation filled her little tummy, like there were little butterflies flapping their wings inside. That was what prompted her to sit up, in search of the other girl's soft lips.

The third kiss was longer, softer and the most important. Nura had her eyes closed, with the sunlight creating shadows on her face and Raphaella's lips moulded to her own. The door opened and Nura and Raphaella startled apart.

For a moment, Memukan could only stare at the scene before him; the two little girls on the floor, with a dawn of realisation in their eyes. Their cheeks were stained the same colour as the carpet they were on.

"Lunch is ready girls," Memukan said and swept out of the room without another word.

For the next few years Nura tried to suppress the events that had happened on that day, because she didn't want to dwell on it

She knew that what she felt that day was wrong because all around her, they spoke nothing of girls and girls. They spoke of husband and wife, boyfriend and girlfriend, mom and dad.

Nura had lived a sheltered life and she hadn't known anything except for the taste of Raphaella's lips. She wasn't even sure if she wanted to have a husband and if she'd enjoy them the way she had with that French girl.

When Wassim gave her butterflies, she was relieved. There was nothing wrong with her and over time she convinced herself that what had happened with Raphaella was nothing of significance.

It had happened when she was so young, so lonely, so oblivious to how the world worked. She was certain that Rapahella, wherever she was now probably didn't remember that day, either.

For a while, the lie had worked. She was happily married to one of the most gorgeous men in the Middle East and they had two beautiful twins together.

Then, the lie was no longer good enough, especially when her all-so-charming husband betrayed her. It seemed that life couldn't get bleaker than nearly dying at the hands of her own husband, a lover she had entrusted her life to. It had to have been rock bottom, because Nura wasn't sure she could handle any more heartache.