Chapter 3 - Good Match

I reached over to my lamp on my bedside table, and turned it on. I managed to sit up staraight with my feet hanging off the edge of the bed. My body ached from the beating I got last night. I picked my phone up and turned it on.

Squinting at the bright light as todays date and time showed on screen. Monday 2nd June 5.45am. Putting my phone down, I stood up, pain shooting through me like a freight train. I tried my best to ignore it and headed straight for the bathroom, grabbing my clothes from my wardrobe on the way.

When the water in the shower finally warmed up, I stripped, putting the clothes I had just worn into the wash basket by the door. The warm, but not boiling hot water ran down my body relieving me of my pain. Blood from fresh cuts, both from my dad and me, mixed in with the water at my feet. I grabbed my Apple shampoo and began to wash my hair, trying not to get any in my eyes. I winced at the pain caused by the shampoo as it ran down my left arm and onto a few self-harmed cuts.

When I'd finally managed to rinse out all the shampoo, I got out the shower and wrapped my blue towel around me. Once dried, I changed into my clothes for school.

I hadnt actually looked at what I picked out but it was a good match. My outfit today consists of a pair of denim blue skinny jeans, plain black shirt, a grey shrug cardigan and grey furry wedge ankle boots. I applied some eyeliner, light pink eyeshadow and mascara and added a little pink lipgloss.

I walked back into my bedroom, with a slight limp, and put on my matching jewelry. The necklace is on a silver chain with a pale pink pearl and mini flower above it. The earrings dangle slightly and the ring has two mini flowers on either side.

After looking myself over in my massive wall hight mirror, I grabbed my school bag, dance kit and phone and walked quietly downstairs, trying not to wake my father. I grabbed a breakfast bar from the cupboard and walked out the door to school.