Make it work (Maura x reader)

Requests: "I know I'm not the best person out there, but I'll be damned if I haven't loved you to the best of my ability

Requests: "I know I'm not the best person out there, but I'll be damned if I haven't loved you to the best of my ability." + Maura Isles + Fem!reader

"You got me. Is that all you wanted? Did you not want to keep me?"

a/n: reader is a business woman

Your relationship with Maura had always been a bit rocky due to the stress of both of your careers.

It wasn't often that you fought but when you did it felt like you had been hit by a tidal wave.

Korsak and Kiki had seen you out to dinner at an expensive restaurant with a woman that was not Maura and told her about it.

"You got me. Is that all you wanted? Did you not want to keep me?" Maura questioned you with tears in her eyes after arguing with you for the last ten minutes.

"I know I'm not the best person out there but I'll be damned if I haven't loved you to the best of my ability," you told her.

"Then why are cheating on me?" she practically shouted

"What are you talking about? I'm not cheating on you Maura."

"Oh really, then who was that woman Korsak saw you with last night when you were supposed to be at a 'work thing'," she stated.

"Maura, that was one of my clients."

"Since when do you take your clients out to dinner downtown by yourself instead of with your partners."

"This particular client is very choosy about who accompanies her."

"Then why didn't you tell me about her," she said skeptically, "why did I have to find out about it from Korsak."

"Because she has flirted with me before, quite a bit actually and I didn't want you to get upset. I thought I could close the deal quicker if I treated her to a nice dinner but I swear nothing would have ever happened between us. You have to know that."

Maura stood there not sure what to say next or whether she should even believe you.

"Maura, I love you and only you," you said taking her hands in yours, "I know our relationship hasn't always been easy but I don't want anyone else but you and I will do whatever it takes to prove that to you."

"I love you too Y/N, you know I do but what I don't know is if I can keep going around in circles like this anymore."

You wiped away one of her tears with your thumb, "Please don't give up on me, don't give up on us. We can make this work, we always do. Please Maura."

"No more lies, we have to be honest with each other."

"I promise we will be."

"Alright," she said quietly.

"Alright," you repeated, "is it okay if I kiss you?"

"Yes," she told you,

So you did and you put all the love you possibly could into the kiss.

The one thing you could never lie about was how much you loved Maura and you meant it when you said you would do whatever it took to make it work.