Bragging rights (Jane x reader)

Request: Jane Rizzoli x female reader: *Established relationship* The reader is from New York and big fan of the New York Yankees, so obviously her and Jane have sport rivalry

Request: Jane Rizzoli x female reader: *Established relationship* The reader is from New York and big fan of the New York Yankees, so obviously her and Jane have sport rivalry. So, when their one year anniversary comes around, the reader gets Jane tickets to a Red Sox v. Yankees game. Each of them are decked out in their teams paraphernalia and during the game there's a bunch of smack talk. It's a close game, but the Yankees ultimately win, so the reader gloats about it. Just fluffiness with Jane pls.

a/n: I don't know much about baseball, more of a hockey guy myself so facts might not be totally right, just what I found online

When you transferred from New York to Boston the first thing you and Jane had bonded over was baseball.

You became fast friends over your rivalry of the Yankees versus the Red Sox and it was what eventually led to you two dating.

When your one year anniversary came around the two teams just so happened to be playing in Boston the day of.

It was fate you told yourself so of course you bought tickets to the game for you and Jane.

The day of the game you showed up to Fenway Park each decked out in your team's gear.

Most people in the stadium were wearing Red Sox shirts and caps like Jane but every so often you would see another Yankees fan like yourself.

As you made your way to your seats you decided to stop by the concession stand first, you overheard some sports broadcasters starting their coverage, boasting that today you would be watching 'one of the greatest sport's rivalries in all of history'.

"I hope you know the Yankees are gonna win today," you teased Jane as you were standing in line.

"Watch what you say Y/N, you're in Red Sox territory," Jane quipped back.

"I'm sorry, who's team has twenty-seven world series titles and whose only has eight?" you joked.

"Yeah yeah, just wait, the Red Sox are gonna kick the Yankee's ass today," Jane said making the surrounding Red Sox fans around you guys cheer.

After getting your beer and snacks you finally got to your seats just in time for the opening pitch.

It was a close game all throughout, every time one team would score a run the other would do the same to catch right back up.

It was the top of the ninth inning and the Red Sox were down by one run, if they didn't score now the game would be over.

With two outs and bases loaded, the last batter approached the mound and took his stance.

The first pitch was a strike causing you and a few others to cheer but most of the stadium booed at the call.

A foul ball causing the second strike and three balls later and it was the now the pitch that would either end or save the game.

Everyone stood up in anticipation.

The pitcher threw a fast ball, the batter swinging desperately but ultimately missing.

The Yankee's fans scattered throughout the stadium cheered as their team ran onto the field over their victory.

You and Jane now sat in your car waiting for the parking lot to clear out.

"Told you the Yankee's would win," you gloated.

"This time, just wait until they play against each other next year, the Red Sox will come back," Jane retorted.

"Whatever you say Jane," you laughed.

"Thank you for such a great anniversary," she said leaning over and kissing you but you were interrupted as the car behind you honked when you weren't moving.

You waved a hand in the air to apologize but you only moved up a single spot.

"I think we're going to be here a while," you sighed, "guess that gives me more time to rub the Yankee's win in your face," you teased.

Jane knew she wouldn't hear the end of this but she secretly loved it because she got to see you so happy.