Belong together (Jane x reader)

Request: Could you do one where fem!reader has a crush on Jane Rizzoli and doesn't know that Jane likes her back, so in order to get over her crush, the reader goes out with someone else, leaving Jane stewing in her jealousy and frequently getting annoyed at the reader for seemingly no reason until someone talks her into telling you her feelings and in which case the reader returns them because their partner didn't want to stand in the way of true love?

Seeing Jane everyday at work made it hard to get over your crush on her so when the cute barista, Charlotte, in the BPD café asked you out on a date you thought that maybe this is what you needed.

One date with the barista turned into another and another until you finally had the talk that formalized your relationship.

You were sitting at your desk, looking over some paperwork from a case when Charlotte came upstairs to bring you a pick-me-up coffee.

"Thought you could use this," she told you placing the coffee on the desk and giving you a quick kiss.

"Thanks," you smiled at her.

This grabbed the attention of Jane who was sitting at her own desk.

"Are we still on for tonight?" Charlotte asked you.

"Yes, my shift ends at 6 so I'll pick you up at 7," you told her.

"Great, see you tonight," she said kissing you again before leaving.

"I didn't know you and the barista were a thing," Jane muttered from her desk.

"It's uh, still pretty new," you said nervously. 

"Are you done with that paperwork yet?" 

"Not yet but almost."

"Well Korsak needed it half an hour ago so you better hurry it up," Jane said coldly, leaving the bullpen.

"Okay? What's her problem?" you asked Frost but he just shrugged it off.

This had became a pretty regular occurrence over the next few weeks, Jane getting annoyed with you over little things and everyone on the team noticed.

"Jane, is everything alright between you and Y/N?" Maura asked her best friend one day in her lab.

"Everything's just fine," Jane retorted.

"Are you sure because you've been a bit... hostile towards her lately."

"I said everything's fine Maura, have you finished examining the tissue sample."

"Don't change the subject Jane, does this have anything to do with Y/N dating Charlotte?" Maura suggested hesitantly.

"Why would I care who Y/N dates," Jane scoffed.

"Maybe because you're jealous? I know you are attracted to Y/N," Maura said bluntly.

"What? No I'm not," Jane said defensively.

"Well hypothetically if you were, you should tell her."

"And why would I do that?"

"Because you two would make a really good couple and from what I hear she was attracted to you too before she started seeing Charlotte."

Jane sighed knowing Maura was right, she always was. 

Later that day she ran into you waiting for the elevator on the way to the bullpen.

"Y/N, hey, can we talk for a sec?" she asked you.

"What did I do to annoy you this time?" you questioned.

"I'm sorry about the way I've been acting," Jane apologized, "it's just... I guess I got a little upset about seeing you with Charlotte."

"Why would you be upset about Charlotte and I?" you said confused.

"Because I like you Y/N, I like you as more than a friend and the thought of you being with someone else made me a bit... hostile as Maura would say."

You were speechless, Jane really did like you. 

"You should be with her," you suddenly heard from behind you.

You turned around to see Charlotte had witnessed the entire conversation.

"Charlotte, I- I didn't know you were here," Jane stammered out. 

"It's okay Jane, everyone kind of knew you and Y/N were crushing on each other for a while now and who am I to stand in the way of two people who clearly belong together," Charlotte chuckled softly.

"Thank you Charlotte," you told her.

Charlotte nodded and headed to the café, leaving you and Jane alone again.

"So does this mean you would want to go out on a date with me?" you asked Jane.

"Yes, I'd really like that," Jane smiled.