Part 3

At first we both were quite for a really long time, none of us knowing how to and where to start. Then your sister prompted us to talk and we started talking about the most random things, I remember asking you if you were a foodie, like a hardcore non-veg kind and you said you weren't (which was a total bluff, lol) ; the reason I had asked you that was because if you really were a foodie then I would have started learning to prepare special non veg dishes. Now when I think about it, it feels so weird and strange that we spoke about the most random things ever! I am someone who is a little immature so it is expected that I will behave so foolishly, but you were mature enough to ask me some actual questions, but even you didn't! I guess the God wanted us together that's why all this happened.

After we spoke for like half an hour and you went down, I went inside a room and sat there thinking about it all. The first thought I had in mind was that you were too sweet and soft and that what happened with you was so very unfair and you of all people didn't deserve that ! And in that exact moment I decided that if all goes well and we end up getting married, then I will give you all the love and happiness I can because I know how it feels like to be betrayed (been there, done that).

Since childhood I always felt I had no one to talk to, and it didn't help that my mom died when I was just three! I always wanted to be someone's priority, someone's first preference; but I never got that. My stepmom was never too bad with me, but when I saw her loving and pampering her own kids (which was totally natural on her part), it ripped me apart, it broke me from inside and completely took away everything from me, so much so that I started behaving weirdly and one of my friend finally took me to a Psychiatrist and he gave me anti-depressants! I had fallen into depression so badly that even the pills couldn't help! And the fact that I was moving away from my religion didn't help at all, when you aren't friends with God, no one can help you!

So after years of such black moments in my life, when I met you and heard your story about how the girl you married was already in love with someone else and she just left you like that, it broke my heart, I felt so bad thinking how betrayed and hurt YOU must have felt! And that's the reason I agreed to marry you, I thought since I have been alone for so long, I will understand what exactly you are going through and become your friend and give you everything you deserve! I had also heard that you had fallen into depression after that incident and that made me want to love you even more! It was much later that I discovered how untrue it was !

When my parents came to ask me if I liked you, I asked them if they were happy with it, they said YES and so I told them that I am happy in their happiness and just like that our lives were linked with each other forever, that 30-40mins were about to change both our lives forever !

And I swear when I said YES I did not for a bit consider that you were someone the complete opposite of what I ever wanted (in physical terms) and I had no idea about your exact salary or your house or anything materialistic related to you! I guess it was in our fates that we and our families just jumped into this and fixed all of it in a span of few hours !