"You don't get out much do you?" Sage asked with a chuckle.

"No, my dad doesn't like going out in public places," I said before realizing what I said and immediately falling silent.

"Your dad doesn't sound like an exciting dad to live with," he thought out loud.

I just nodded and followed him into the IHOP.

"How many?" Asked the girl hostess once we were inside.

"Two," Valentino said not taking notice of the way her eyes traveled up and down his body.

"Okay," she replied, her eyes looking at me with distaste.

We silently followed her to a table in the corner and sat down.

"Can I get you two anything to drink?" She asked with an overly perky tone.

"I'll have a sweet tea please," I replied opening up the menu.

"I'll have a coffee,"  Valentino said opening up his menu as well.

A few minutes later the waitress returned with our drinks and asked for our orders.

"I'll have a stack of pancakes with bacon and eggs please," I said handing her the menu.

"I'll have some waffles and a hash brown," Valentino said.

The waitress took our menus and left us alone once again at the table.

"You sure do eat a lot," Valentino chuckled.

"Usually I eat hardly anything, we don't have a lot of food at the house so I take advantage of people when I can," I smirked.

"Why don't you have food at the house?" Valentino asked.

"No reason," I lied.

"There has to be a reason for that sort of thing," he argued.

"Well I'm not sure, we don't have a lot of money I guess," I shrugged.

"You have a brand new jeep," he reasoned. "If your parents can afford that then I'm pretty sure they can afford food."

"First of all my jeep isn't brand new it's two years old and second my parents like to burn through money," I explained.

"Oh well you have enough to live off of right?" He asked.

"Barely," I mumbled under my breath.

"Is that why you're so skinny?" He blurted.

I opened my mouth to respond but before anything came out two plates were placed in front of us piled high with food.

I immediately started eating, I didn't realize just how hungry I was until I had food in my mouth.

"Wow you must be hungrier than I thought," Valentino observed as he slowly ate his food.

"Starving, I didn't eat anything yesterday," I said my eyes instantly widening when I realized what I said.

Valentino looked like he wanted to elaborate on the subject but decided it was best to let it go.

"So do you have any siblings?" He asked in between bites.

"What's up with you and all the questions?" I said starting to get agitated, the more questions he asked the closer he got to figuring out the truth.

"Sorry I was just trying to get to know you," he said putting his hands up in surrender.

"No I'm sorry, no I don't have any siblings," I sighed. "What about you?"

"I have a little sister," he grinned.

"Awe how old is she?" I asked immediately interested.

"She's four, and the most adorable and annoying human being I've ever met," he ranted.

"You must love her a lot," I chuckled.

"I do, I would be a mess without her to keep me in line," he joked.

We finished our food in silence and once we were finished he paid the bill and we were back in his car.

"Where to now?" I asked.

"Now, we go get your car," he answered driving through the streets of  the city.