Chapter Two: The He-man sword and Blizzards

(Disclaimer: Not my picture)

                  The sun shone brightly through the bedroom window as I cracked opened my eyes, finding myself in my soft bed. It must have been morning because a particular songbird was tapping on my window, he always came to my window and woke me up if I slept in. I looked over to the bird-cage and saw both my pets staring at me with curious eyes as they frantically flapped their wings.

   "Victoria?" A worried voice questioned. I looked over to my right and noticed my Mom sitting on an wicker chair near my bedside. "How are you feeling?" She asked, her big blue eyes were slightly red from crying.

"My leg seems all right, it doesn't feel all that sore, but my chest feels like a Pegasus decided to riverdance on it," I replied with a tired sigh. What was Mom going to do with me now? I went out in the middle of a thunderstorm and fought a phoenix.

      "Where did you get this sword?" Mom questioned in a whisper, slowly picking up my sword, and waving it in front of herself with graceful moves. She seemed to be well experienced with blades.

  "I found it at Eldon in a hidden room, is it of any importance to you?" I asked, making sure I elongated the word "importance". I then lifted myself from the bed peach covers and stretched my aching wings, they were as stiff as rocks.

  "No, it not... It's just this sword looked—odd. It's definitely not a Thanafal sword." She held the handle of the sword closer to her face, then she looked at the emblem. Her eyes then widened with a shocks expression on her face. "You cannot keep this sword. I'm going to take it to the Merrilea guards immediately."

         "But it saved my life! If I never brought it with me the Phoenix would have killed me!" Leaping out of my bed, I blocked the doorway. "It's my He-man sword. I am a warrior, after all, I did take the training! It's not like it could kill me!"

  "You would not have had to fight the Phoenix if you would just listen to me! I already told out not to go to that place, and yet you don't listen to me! Do my words mean nothing to you!" She held her stern gaze with mine, then she let out a weary sigh.

     "Victoria, you are only seven hundred and fifty-nine, and that is still very young. You still have to at least listen to me. Now move out my way." She grabbed my arm and pushed me to the wall, this was the first time she had ever done this, but I was not surprised.

(A/N- So she's like 15-17 years old in their years.)

                              She quickly left my room, leaving me frozen against the wall. She might be my mother, but sometimes I wished she could be not so sensitive for once. I was older than lots of other girls at my school, and they were not living with their mothers. They got to make their own choices, had career's and travel places, while I'm stuck here because my mother says,  'I'm not ready to go out in the 'Big bad world'.'

'I am like Rapunzel,' I sighed, pondering for a while. I decided it was about time I figured out why she did not want me with that sword.

I ran down the long empty hall and opened the thick storage room door. Lining the room was old bookshelves filled to the max with ancient books that I had rearranged many time, it did not take long to find the book I wanted.

Snatching a particularly old book on 'Swords Lost and Found', I rush back to my room, flopping onto the bed as I flew through the pages to the Gathreain side of the book looking for a page on the mysterious weapon. It was right smack at the end of the book. Go index!

After a few minutes of searching, I found a very old worn out page barely clinging to the book spine. On the page was an old picture with most words written in the older Gathreain language. In the picture was a sword that looked exactly like the one I had found, but shinier. The Golden gem on the top of the sword was glowing with a golden light, and the middle of the sword, where it came out into a diamond shape was glittering gold as well.