The Thought Of You (6)

Justin

I laid in my bed, all I've been able to think about is how much of a dumbass I am. I know she likes me. Why can't I just admit that I like her back? Maybe it's because I feel like I'm letting Scooter down. Or maybe it's because I'm a big, fat chicken.

It's more than likely the second one. I groaned and sat up, looking over at the clock. 12:38 am. Sighing, I laid back down and let my thoughts continue to run wild. Addy's a cool girl and she's easy to talk to but, it's the thought of her that drives me insane.

The thought of what things would happen if I did ask Addy out. Worst case scenario: She laughs in my face and says 'no.'  Best case scenario: She says yes and we end up together.. The thought of her lips on mine, her hands in my hair.

I shivered slightly at the thought and smiled to myself before rolling over and pulling the covers over my head.

*    *    *

"You got it, you got it bad.."  I sang quietly as I stirred my cereal around my bowl. Today was the day I was finally going to make a move on Addy whether Scooter liked it or not. I mean, he can't do anything. He can't fire me.

I looked up, still managing to hum with my mouth full of Peanut Butter Crunch, as Addy walked into the kitchen. "Goodmorning." I smiled, not realizing my mouth was still cram packed. She giggled as milk dribbled out of my mouth and onto my bare chest. I grabbed a paper towel and wiped my chest off, quickly swallowing the rest of the cereal.

"Don't talk with your mouth full."

Addy chuckled and grabbed a glass from the cabinet, filling it with orange juice. "I'll remember that." I chuckled, shaking my head. Why am I such an idiot?

She sat infront of me at the table and tapped her nails against the glass, smiling over at me. I sighed loudly and bit my bottom lip.

Addy

Justin seemed nervous. He had always seemed nervous around me but, this was different. Worse than the other times. The way he kept opening and closing his mouth as if trying to say something but, denying himself the benefit of actually saying it.

I watched him, my chin resting on the palm of my hand, "Cat got your tongue?" I chuckled slightly. He sighed and nodded slowly, "I have a confession to make." he muttered softly before standing. "Okay.." I shrugged.

Justin stood and grabs his cereal bowl which now has only milk in it, taking it over to the sink. He tossed the bowl into the ceramic interior and leaned against the counter, "I like you, Addy.." he sighed. I smirked slightly, "What was that?"     "I like you." he repeated softly.

I smiled and took a long sip of my orange juice.

Let the games begin.