Chapter 4 - Loving you is torcher.

P.O.V Draco.

      Most nights I and Hermione would sit in the common room on the sofa in front of the magnificently warm fire doing homework or just talking about our day, but I noticed she had been really quiet and upset recently, even a bit distant. I decided to put a twist to our evening which was sure to put a smile back on her pretty little face; a smile that I haven’t seen in a while at least.  We started off doing homework, well her mainly talking me through what I had to write and me obeying like the good little boy I was… hmmm I should say not so little boy I was. When we had finished the homework I disappeared into my room to find the most romantic dance CD I could which just so happened to be a piece of dance music called the waltz I grabbed my stereo that I had hidden in there. Slyly plugging it in and then sitting down on the sofa with Hermione resting upon my chest again.

     Just as she started to look distant I turned the graceful music on and made Hermione stand up. “May I have this dance?” I bowed and held out my hand waiting for her to take it, waiting to see if she would actually take my hand. “Of course you can kind sir!” She replied while curtsying and taking my hand. We danced and danced, her hands were so soft and smooth that I never wanted to let them go. After dancing for half an hour we eventually collapsed in a heap on the floor laughing so hard that we were both grasping our sides because of the pain, but it was a good pain. I had succeeded in my task; Hermione was smiling her most radiant smile I had ever seen.

     I had had such a great time with Hermione I didn’t want to ruin the mood but I desperately wanted to know what was wrong with her. I plucked up the courage to ask her but I was worried about the results. “Hermione, I was wondering if you would tell me what’s wrong because you seem so distant from the rest of us and you seem really upset.” She stared at me and I could see the tears forming in her eyes, her hand reached up to her face where the small purple coloured bruise was. “Me and Ron had a fight,” her voice started to crack. “We had a fight about me not getting a chance to see him and he said it was because I have been spending all my time with you. It’s not true I have been busy with school work!” She started to sob. Instantly I pulled her into me and let her cry. I let her cry until all the tears were out and until she could regain herself. I hated weasel even more now, how could he do this to her?

P.O.V from Hermione

    Draco and I were doing homework again, an average night for us. I couldn’t stop thinking about what had happened between me and Ron the other night. It’s torcher. I hardly realised the sly sneaky smile that Draco had plastered across his face the whole time I was talking him through our potions homework. We managed to finish all the work surprisingly quickly and I just wanted to lie there wrapped up in his arms, but he stood up and headed into his room.

     I got so caught up in my own thoughts that I didn’t see him enter the room again.  Sitting down next to me I saw the twinkle in his eyes and I couldn’t help again getting lost in my thoughts, but this time it wasn’t about what happened between me and Ron, they were about the feelings I was having for Draco. I felt him move away from me. I knew he was about to do something stupid to me but what happened next came as a bit of a surprise. “May I have this Dance?” Draco held out his hand and bowed. I slowly reached my hand out for his and replied: “Of course you can kind sir” and I curtsied like I had seen people do in the movies.

    The music was slow and gentle, like a waltz. We danced and danced while we made up funny new dance steps. I had never laughed so much before in my life. We danced for half an hour and by that time we were both grasping our sides because we had laughed so much, falling in a heap on the floor I saw the look change in his eyes. The look went from a fun loving Draco to a kind, caring, sensitive Draco.