008

—————— lil time skip ——————

dustin pov

i made my way to the nurse's office. which was on the other side of the school. but it gave me time to look at the beautiful girl in my arms. boy was she great.

"how may i help you?" a voice said. i looked up. it was just the nurse.

"um, she, um," i tried to think of an excuse, "she passed out." i kinda lied.

"what's her name? and do you know how?" i put (y/n) in one of the beds.

"her name is (y/f/n) and i'm not sure."

"you should probably go back to class, i've got her," she stated, going through a big book probably filled with contact information.

"it's my free period. and i want to be here when she wakes up." i sat down on the seat next to (y/n).

"if you say so."

—————— time skip —————

it's been only ten minutes but it feels like it's been 20. (y/n) has failed to wake up. the nurse had just left to go to the bathroom. i sat with my head in my hand.

"where am i?" a voice groggily called.

"(y/n)?" i stood up. she jumped back.

"dustin?" she reached out to touch my face.

"yeah it's me," i laughed. she laughed as well.

"no but seriously where am i?" she sat up and winced, "ouch, my head."

"take it easy." i gently pushed her back down, "do you remember anything that happened before you passed out?"

"i was, um, talking to ele-jane.... and now i'm here," she shrugged, "so i don't know."

"did she do anything to you? that caused this?"

"no. of course not! jane is a sweetheart. too nice if you ask me. but no."

"oh okay."

the door opened, "you're up! how do you feel?" the nurse asked. i still don't know her name.

"migraine city up here," she pointed to her head. the nurse laughed.

"i'm gonna check you out okay? dustin, is it?" i nodded, "the bell just rang. you should go."

"but i didn't hear it." i protested.

"you can't hear it in here," she stared pushing me to the door.

"i swear you cou-"

"just get to class okay?" she said firmly.

i gulped, "o-okay." she closed the door in my face. i hoped (y/n) would be okay.

———time skip again (your pov)———

i was finally out of the nurse's office. she told me i would be fine but that i should take it easy. i was in the car with cassandra now.

"so, what happened?" cass spoke up.

"i don't wanna talk about it."

"your gonna talk about it anyways. so just tell me now."

"i let eleven get me mad," i mumbled.

"and you teleported didn't you?" she finished for me.

"yep. happy now?" i rolled my eyes and turned to the window.

"what did you get off of her?" she read my mind.

"not much. she lives with will's mom and her adoptive father. she can go into this void like place and see the person she is looking for. um and that she doesn't like max."

"that's something! you know where she lives. we can get her that way!"

"we're here for all of them not just her. and eleven is too nice to want to hurt," i mumbled the last part.

cass pulled over and grabbed my shoulder, "hey! no getting attached. think of all the things eleven has down to you. those scars on your body? her fault. we never would have new people if we didn't have to move labs. don't. fall. for. it." she let go.

"i wasn't going to." i mumbled.

"sure seemed like you were."

—————— at home ——————

hawkins was boring. at least in the lab i had people to talk to whom i had something in common with. i mean i could talk to cassandra. but who wants to talk to her?

i needed fresh air.

"you're annoying so i'm going out," i called to cassandra.

"i love you too!" she sarcastically said back.

i sat down on our front porch when i heard someone call my name.

"(y/n)!" the voice called again. dustin! i stood up and dusted off my pants. "hey, (y/n)!" he said again. the rest of the group groaned.

"come on dustin, mike said jane has to tell us something!" lucas said. hmm how can i use that to my advantage?

"shut up!" dustin said.

"can i come?" i touched his shoulder and batted my eyes, "please?"

"y-yeah," he stuttered, "hop on"

"mike said party members only!" lucas said again.

"he'll live!"

———————-
this chapter is so shit. like i'm sorry. i didn't even feel rereading it to check for mistakes. i'm sorry again that literally nothing happened. give me a few days for the ideas to come.

i'm sorry
-aaliyah
[fuck a word count]