002

(the first few paragraphs are literally shit, but if gets juicy at the end so read the whole thing)

(still max's pov)

lucas and i knocked and waited on the byers front porch. joyce opened the door.

"hey you guys!" she happily said. we both said hi back to her. "well come on in." she opened the door wider and stepped back. hopper was on the couch.

"hey kids!" hopper put out his cigarette. again, lucas and i said hello to him.

"everyone else is in will's room," joyce added in. i grabbed lucas's hand and walked into will's room. before i closed the door i heard joyce say, "they're so cute together."

once everyone saw us they came up and hugged us and said their hellos. except for mike and el, they just waved at me. hey, at least we're getting somewhere!

we chatted about random things with me inputting once in a while. something was eating me from the inside out. i could stop thinking about (y/n). i've been sitting on will's cold carpet contemplating if i should ask eleven about it. she barely likes me and i don't want to trigger her or something. i had to. no. yes. no. yes. argh i can't make up my mind! i'm gonna do it. now how to do it without making it awkward.

"h-hey elev- i mean jane?" everyone was looking at me now. great going maxine. i mentally cringed at the situation.

"can i talk to you?", i paused, "outside." i motioned to the door with my eyes. everyone but lucas had a confused look. he was lightly shaking his head. el looked at mike as if she was asking if she could. am i really that bad?

mike moved closer to her ear, moved his hand to cover his mouth, and attempted to whisper, "only if you want to." he was a pretty shit whisperer. she thought for a moment and then stood up. i stood up with her and followed her down the hall.

i had this knot forming in my stomach.

'grow some fucking balls max!' i told myself. 'don't let anyone make you feel this way! you're a bad bitch!' or so i thought.

eleven stared at me. though her vocabulary grew a lot after 10 months, she still didn't talk much.

jane's pov

"yes?" i asked softly. max and i usually kept our distance. what did she want?

"so today this girl came to lucas's house and introduced herself," i gave her a 'and' look.

"that's not important though. the important thing is that i saw a tattoo on her wrist. it was like yours but it was a ten." i gulped and almost shed a tear. it couldn't be her. words ten had said to me rang through my head.

"loser."

"worthless."

"unlovable."

"did you know anyone with that tattoo? you had to, right?" she questioned eagerly. i thought before answering. should i tell her? i didn't want to freak anyone out. things were just getting back to normal. well, our normal.

"no. i don't." i lied with a straight face.

———— your pov

"where are the keys to the car!" cass yelled from the kitchen.

"do i drive?" i yelled back. no response. i finished getting dressed. it was hard to find an outfit, i had so much clothes. i wonder where papa got all this clothes from. who cares.

i ran down the stairs and looked at the clock. 8:04 am. shit shit shit.

i stormed in the kitchen to find a very lost and confused cassandra. "i'm gonna be late!" i exclaimed.

"well instead of complaining use your information ass powers to find the damn keys!"

"that's not how they work!" i groaned. fighting would get us nowhere. "you know what, i'll just bike to school!"

"with what bike?" she crossed her arms. she was right. i had no bike.

"i don't know." i looked down and whispered.

"well," she paused to think, "can't you just conjure up a bike?"

"that's not how it works. first i need to find a bike, then i need to gather information on it. then, i need to focus to teleport one. plus, bikes are big, i'll need a lot of ene-" i stopped. "you don't care do you?" i stated realizing she wasn't listening and i looked dumb rambling like this.

"nope." she said monotonously.

"i should have touched lucas's bike yesterday. but then i'll been taking his away." i thought aloud. "wait! i touched max's skateboard though. she was pretty rude to me yesterday, so i don't mind taking her skateboard."

"a skateboard? what's that?" she cut me off.

"i'll tell you later. i gotta go!" i said running out the door. the crisp october air hit me and made me stop. i realized i hadn't gotten the skateboard yet. i sat down and closed my eyes. i pictured the skateboard in my head. after awhile i opened my eyes to find max's skateboard in my hands. there were dirt footprints on it. shit. she was probably on the skateboard just seconds ago. nonetheless, i wiped my nose and stood up. it took me a few tries to grasp riding it but i got it. hopefully i would make it to school on time.

—————

i pulled up to school and looked at the building in front of me. 'hawkins high school'

i looked around at the people around me. i stopped looking when i saw a group of three boys and a girl. dustin henderson, will byers, mike wheeler, and eleven. but where was lucas and max?

"hey! (y/n)!" a semi-familiar voice called from behind me. i turned around to see an angry max. "you took my skateboard!" she snatched the skateboard from under my arm.

"no! that was on my driveway." i poorly defended myself.

"a skateboard, that looks exactly like mine, was on your driveway?" she asked.

"i'm gonna go," lucas said running off to his friends.

max lowered her voice, "don't think i'm not on to you," she squinted her eyes, "i'm watching you (y/n)," she looked at me one more time before skating off to her friends. i passed them by the bike rack and over heard max say, "can you believe her? in her driveway. does she think i'm stupid?" i walked a little faster to the office. her words were stuck in my head.

"don't think i'm not on to you"

"i'm watching you"

was she serious?

no, she was just trying to scare me.

or was she?

—————
is will's full first name william? please tell me so i can change it. also, you know more about your powers!
p.s. if you can't tell you're kind of a bitch in this story but you'll get nicer!!
love ya,
- aaliyah 💙
[word count: 1096]