She rolled her eyes as she watched the tall and beautiful buildings turn into small, vacant homes. Before she knew it, she was back in the Kingsland Projects. Crackheads sat on the corner, looking for their next fix while wannabe dope dealers stood in front of the crack-houses that lined the street. Simone was ready to get out of the horrible neighborhood and she hoped that Benji would be the one to sweep her off her feet and get her out of there.

     She thought she lucked up when she got pregnant by Raheem Atwood. He was makin' major paper in Crowne Heights. Or so she thought. After having his twins, she realized he wasn't nothing but a corner boy. Not even second-in-command. He was at the bottom of the fucking totem pole.

     "I'll see you tomorrow?" She hoped he would say yes. She needed another getaway from her neighborhood. She could easily find another sitter for her kids.

     "I'll hit you up." He replied, making her frown. He rarely called her phone. He made it clear that they were nothing more than just fuck buddies.

     Once she was away from the car, he drove off the street and headed back to his side of town.

     Noelle climbed out of her sleek gray Lexus RX 350 F-Sport before glancing up at her design agency, the Cream Agency

     Noelle climbed out of her sleek gray Lexus RX 350 F-Sport before glancing up at her design agency, the Cream Agency. Her Amina Muaddi pumps connected with the uneven sidewalk as she wrapped her manicured nails around the shop's door handle which was customized into the letter 'C'.

     "Good morning beautiful!" Diamond yelled in her usual chipper tone whilst sitting comfortably in her leather swivel chair. Her Bohemian Locs fell down her back and were twisted into different shades of sandy brown and black. Noelle always admired the way Diamond styled her luscious locs and imagined herself wearing the particular style in the future.

     "I see you rockin' that Saint Laurent bag. Okaaaay I'm jealous!" Tai playfully rolled her eyes while scribbling something on their dry erase board. Standing at only five-feet, Tai wore a Balmain logo cropped t-shirt and Ambush bright purple high-waisted straight-leg trousers. Her raven colored hair fell down her back in loose waves and swayed from side to side with every movement she made. It was one thing Tai knew like the back of her hand and that was fashion. She was obsessed with expensive handbags and designer clothing.

     "I didn't buy it. Shawn bought it for my birthday last year."

     "I wish my brother would buy me a thousand dollar purse!" Jamir interjected while fixing himself a cup of coffee. "He won't even buy me a pair of pants! I'm so glad I have Jaylon!"